10 GBe reccomendations

xoa

AMD OS X Member
Any one using a PCI 10GBe card on their Hackintosh? I'm looking for a 10GBe card that works out of the box.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Don't use it myself but I guess something like this from Sonnet will work without issue. About a hundred bucks.

xoa

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, I also had this card already in my shopping bag.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Since most 10 gigabit cards are about that price it seems, I wouldn't chance it with marginally cheaper cards that might not work :)

xoa

AMD OS X Member
Installed the card today, but it is not recognized in Mac. :( In the BIOS and also in windows the card is recognized. Do you know how to get It working? I put the card in my 2nd pcie slot.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try adding this to your OC config under Kernel -> Patches

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 02.12.02.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 02.12.02.png
    45 KB · Views: 11

xoa

AMD OS X Member
Hey, thanks for helping me out. Unfortunately, it's still no recognized by my hackintosh. :(
Maybe my second PCIe Slot is not even working in hackintosh? Could that be a reason?

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You're the MVP by posting a fix. People from the future with similar problems will thank you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.