10.15.5 Released

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Apple today released macOS Catalina 10.15.5, the fifth update to the ‌macOS Catalina‌ operating system that was released in October 2019. ‌macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.5 comes two months after the launch of ‌macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.4, which introduced Screen Time Communication Limits.

Current OpenCore AMD patches still work and no modification is required.

Apple said:
macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.5 introduces battery health management in the Energy Saver settings for notebooks, an option to control automatic prominence of video tiles on Group FaceTime calls, and controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac.

Battery Health Management
  • Battery health management to help maximize battery lifespan for Mac notebooks
  • Energy Saver preference pane now displays battery condition and recommends if the battery needs to be serviced
  • Option to disable battery health management
  • For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211094

‌FaceTime‌ Prominence Preference
- Option to control automatic prominence on Group ‌FaceTime‌ calls so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks

Calibration Fine-Tuning for Pro Display XDR
- Controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR by adjusting the white point and luminance for a precise match to your own display calibration target

This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
  • Fixes an issue that may prevent Reminders from sending notifications for recurring reminders
  • Addresses an issue that may prevent password entry on the login screen
  • Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update
  • Resolves an issue where the built-in camera may not be detected when trying to use it after using a video conferencing app
  • Addresses an issue for Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip where internal speakers may not appear as a sound output device in Sound preferences
  • Fixes a stability issue with uploading and downloading media files from iCloud Photo Library while your Mac is asleep
  • Resolves a stability issue when transferring large amounts of data to RAID volumes
  • Fixes an issue where the Reduce Motion Accessibility preference did not reduce the speed of animations in a ‌FaceTime‌ group call

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-27 01.30.57.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-27 01.30.57.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 95

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Note: Developer Beta of 10.15.5 had issues with RadeonBoost.kext on Navi cards resulting in kernel panics.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
All seems good so far........

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.18.42 PM.png

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So you just updated and rebooted? EDIT If anyone's worried: I did just do that (too). About three reboots, everything fine and dandy.

Last edited:

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
RadeonBoost causes a panic on my system. I removed it and it allows the system to boot fine...

Interestingly, once it boots for the first time, you can add the RadeonBoost kext back and it boots just fine.

Last edited:

Biggy

AMD OS X Member
Updated to Catalina 10.15.5 on OpenCore 0.5.8 without problems , no OC modifications required.
Good luck to all.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Updated without issue from Software Update using Clover 5118. No vital Kexts needed updating and all is good!

Yu32

AMD OS X Member
I’m not sure why I felt compelled to update - maybe I was hoping my 3rd display port would start working.

I ran the update and it seems to hang on installer after the reboot.🤦‍♂️
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2F3D8737-A18B-4F9D-BC3B-07D45C9F3326.jpeg
    2F3D8737-A18B-4F9D-BC3B-07D45C9F3326.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 69

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Updated without issue from Software Update using Clover 5118. No vital Kexts needed updating and all is good!

Hi Bansaku
I'm very curious now. I've switched to OC, after being unable to use Clover anymore with the kernel patches for AMD.
Haven't tried the latest Clover versions, so that's why this question. Did you manage to use the new Clover with the AMD kernel patches?
If so, I'm going to test the 15h_16h patches again with Clover (still have old fx8350 processor).

thnx

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
I’m not sure why I felt compelled to update - maybe I was hoping my 3rd display port would start working.

I ran the update and it seems to hang on installer after the reboot.🤦‍♂️
Any ideas?

Did you update to the latest AMD vanilla kernel patches?
See you updated from 10.15.2 in your signature?
Just one kernel patch was updated from 10.15.4 onwards. See https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
Think you are missing that one.
Good luck

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Just updated my fx8350 pc, using OC 0.5.8, no update to kernel patches coming from 10.15.4.
All working fine !
Let's test Clover again now ...

allenb256

AMD OS X Member
Updated from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 just now. Flawless. This is such a change from the Hackintosh world of five years ago. Thinking about swapping hardware with my primary Ubuntu system (X570 board, 3900X, 64GB). Woot!

Yu32

AMD OS X Member
Did you update to the latest AMD vanilla kernel patches?
See you updated from 10.15.2 in your signature?
Just one kernel patch was updated from 10.15.4 onwards. See https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
Think you are missing that one.
Good luck

Thank you! I've never updated kernel patches before so I'm not sure of the process so I'll look into it.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Anyone run the supplemental update Apple just released?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the double check! I'm now in the process of updating my EFI to 0.5.9 as well. Updates, updates! :D

CoderMac

AMD OS X Member
Hello. I'm new at hackintosh. I have AMD FX cpu. Where can i search config.plist for Clover for Catalina 10.15.5 with patches for my cpu?
I can't use OpenCore.
Thanks.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.