10.14/10.15 RX580 Mouse LAG with 3 monitors.

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys.
With 3 monitor when I do Drag'n'Drop, a terrible mouse lag occurs.
With 1 monitor lag almost invisible, but exists.
Does everyone have this?

Ryzen 9 3900X | MSI B450M MORTAR MAX | RX580 | Mojave 10.1.4.6 or Catalina 10.15.4 | OC 0.5.8 | 3 Monitors.

Mouse Lag.gif

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 14.00.22.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 14.00.22.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 10

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Assuming you've got Whatevergreen in your kexts try adding this boot arg, radpg=15

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for reply.
Didn't help me radpg=15
Attach my current EFI folder.

Attachments

• Virgo-EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 6

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try disabling the AGPMInjector in your config to test.

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
I left only VirtualSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and nothing.
I tried different graphics cards RX460, RX480. RX580, and same problem.
May be problem with PCI-E motherboard, don't known.

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
Change motherboard to Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming. Same problem.

discordt

AMD OS X Member
What cables are you using? And what resolutions? I heard some people have mouse lag issues with HDMI connection to 4K monitor.

discordt

AMD OS X Member
I have mouse lag too, but it looks horrible when cursor is changing. Cursor is slowing down:

Some people solved this issue by switching to DisplayPort cable and changing DisplayPort Version to 1.1 (right on the monitor), but it's not working for me.

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
What cables are you using? And what resolutions? I heard some people have mouse lag issues with HDMI connection to 4K monitor.
2 HDMI, 1 DVI. All monitors 1920x1080.
May be 10.15.5 solved this issue.

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
BTW this lag only in Safari and Telegram.

discordt

AMD OS X Member
So, I have clean install Catalina 10.15.5, but the problem is still there. Cursor is lagging when it came across text (usually in Telegram like in the video above), and lagging when I do drag and drop links in Mail application.

I also noticed, that cursor sometimes is slowing down, and when it happens my sound is crackling a little. When I call someone (Skype for example) my mic is also crackling (and my partner hear the sound like you unplug and plug back 3.5 jack).

I tried to change boot args, tried to remove some kexts, tried to boot without WEG, tried to make USB map, tried to replace mouse, but nothing did help. It's only better, when I unplug my 4k monitor and use only one 1080p, but the problem don't want to go away completely.

Here the full specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 PULSE
Motherboard: ASUS B450 PRIME PLUS
RAM: Corsair LPX 16 GB 3200Mhz
ADATA XPD NVMe 250 GB and SSD Samsung EVO 500 GB (tried to install Catalina on both)
Dual monitor setup: 4K@60 and 1080p@144

Do you have any updates @Virgo ? I hope you found a solution :D

Virgo

AMD OS X Member
I am more and more inclined to think that the problem is in the AMD processor. Apple may be using some kind of Intel processor instructions. Perhaps a kernel patch has not been found that can fix this.

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you have the option in your bios, try setting the pci generation from 4 to 3. It seems to fix all kinds of lagging problems (in my case, stuttering audio in my external usb Focusrite sound card).

discordt

AMD OS X Member
If you have the option in your bios, try setting the pci generation from 4 to 3. It seems to fix all kinds of lagging problems (in my case, stuttering audio in my external usb Focusrite sound card).

Thank you for your reply, but I havn't PCI 4. It seems only 3.0 and below.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.