ady702

AMD OS X Member
Hi all
I have tried 3 times to upgrade but each time I get error when booting., kept getting OCS: no schema error message

What is the best way to upgrade?

Thanks

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You need to update your config to match the OC version. The easiest although not the best is to make a backup of your config. Take the sample.plist from the updated OC docs. Rename it to config.plist and copy across your kernel patches, SMBios, kexts and nvram config from your backup config to the new one.

MartinW

AMD OS X Member
Check DummyPowerManagement in the docs. It's moved to a different place in the config and will more than likely cause a kernel panic if you don't move it. Certainly did for me anyway.

ady702

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, i'm waiting for a new NVME i can use in an external drive for testings before screwing again with the main one lol

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
So a follow up question would be...
What's the best method to update OC from older version? I'm planning to update from 0.5.9 to 0.6.3
Is there a way that I can directly find difference between 0.59 and 0.63? Or I should follow the path to update from 0.59 to 0.60 then to 0.61 so on so forth?

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I recently made this version move with OC from version 0.5.9 to 0.6.3. There are some substantial differences between 0.5.x to 0.6.x and honestly it was best to start from scratch using the guide, and only copying in the key system settings (system type, simbios, boot args, etc..). Using an old config.plist can be very messy.. My system was much improved by the clean slate.

pm

PS. I should add that booting from a test USB EFI while you are working on your setup, and have great backups... ;)

Last edited:

armanijohnny

AMD OS X Member
So a follow up question would be...
What's the best method to update OC from older version? I'm planning to update from 0.5.9 to 0.6.3
Is there a way that I can directly find difference between 0.59 and 0.63? Or I should follow the path to update from 0.59 to 0.60 then to 0.61 so on so forth?
Just last week I successfully updated from 0.5.9 to 0.6.2. I was going to manually update everything in anticipation for Big Sure official release, which was not announced with the iPhone release :-( but then found a pretty awesome tool. It's called OC-Tool and honestly it was a breeze. The instructions in the WIKI are easy to follow. Almost as simple as drag and drop of your current config.plist and kext. Tool will scan and make updates of the difference for the plist, OC version, grab the latest kext if it's supported while some others you may need to grab an updated version and drop into the folder. Once it's done it'll generate a new EFI that I suggest you testing out on a usb bootloader or better yet the carbon cloner backup that you made. If your usb loads and looks good then take the new EFI and replace the old one on your computer.

As always, backup your system with the efi using something like carbon cloner!

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
Just last week I successfully updated from 0.5.9 to 0.6.2. I was going to manually update everything in anticipation for Big Sure official release, which was not announced with the iPhone release :-( but then found a pretty awesome tool. It's called OC-Tool and honestly it was a breeze. The instructions in the WIKI are easy to follow. Almost as simple as drag and drop of your current config.plist and kext. Tool will scan and make updates of the difference for the plist, OC version, grab the latest kext if it's supported while some others you may need to grab an updated version and drop into the folder. Once it's done it'll generate a new EFI that I suggest you testing out on a usb bootloader or better yet the carbon cloner backup that you made. If your usb loads and looks good then take the new EFI and replace the old one on your computer.

Thank you! I will definitely try this tool.

ady702

AMD OS X Member

I actually had OC-Tools installed previously lol

Got my Sabrent NVME today and cloned the main drive, updated config file with OC-Tools, rebooted from NVME and it works spot on! 0.6.2!
Copied the EFI to the main drive and all is good.

Thanks peeps!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.