Search results

1. C

Ryzen 7000 Testing

The fundamental credit goes to Elias64Fr... ;)
  2. C

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Update: We have succeeded in flashing modified Thunderbolt firmware to on-board Maple Ridge controller via OpenCore shell EFI (external CH341a flasher not needed) This was done on Asus Z690 ProArt. I plan to try this on Asus X670E Gene later today
  3. C

Ryzen 7000 Testing

** Thunderbolt Local Node (Thunderbolt Bus) with Maple Ridge ** Please see this thread for our continuing efforts -- and success -- in enabling Thunderbolt Local Node with Ventura and Sonoma...
  4. C

Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

Was this USB install disk created by following STEP 1 and STEP 2, or some other method? Because I’m not familiar with other methods, I am at a loss to help troubleshoot those methods.
  5. C

Consider building a new USB install disk by going through STEP 1 and STEP 2 from one of my other build guides: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-z690-proart-creator-wifi-thunderbolt-4-i7-12700k-amd-rx-6800-xt.318311/#STEP-1 Your existing OpenCore EFI folder can then be copied to the...
  6. C

When you say "select the dmg" do you really mean "select Install macOS <name>"? You should see a boot option called Install macOS followed but the name such as Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma.
  7. C

Are you able to get to the OpenCore Boot Picker, or do you see an OpenCore "Load Image Failed" message on screen before the boot picker even opens? Also, does the error say Load Image Failed or Start Image Failed? Feel free to try attached config.plist after copying serial numbers into...
  8. C

I may try the new BIOS version and patched DSDT soon. Are you completely dropping the existing DSDT and applying the patched one? We do need to drop the existing one completely.
  9. C

The problem with Samsung SSDs is primarily the lack of support for trim, so the "image load failed" problem could be unrelated. We've seen some DSDT-related problems with Gigabyte AM5 motherboards. Can you post a screenshot of the boot log (press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Boot Picker before...
  10. C

@suur13, OpenCore was upgraded to 0.9.8 All kexts were upgraded to latest versions AppleMCEReporterDisabler was added Latest amd-osx kernel patches were applied Samsung NVMe SSDs are also not properly supported by macOS since Monterey. The Crucial T700 is still in the system and macOS still...
  11. C

That particular drive is most likely incompatible with macOS.
  12. C

Oh, I didn’t realize that was a Gen 5 drive. Gen 5 drives are not compatible/reliable with macOS.
  13. C

@suur13, I'm jumping into this a bit late but please try the attached EFI folder. Be sure to copy serial numbers into config.plist -> PlatformInfo -> DataHub prior to use. Does the system boot with this EFI? Does the system remain stable with this EFI? Because you also have Windows and Linux...
  14. C

Ryzen 7000 Testing

This version works only with 14.4 and newer because of architectural changes made by Apple. IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext has been removed in 14.4. We’re forced to use IO80211Family.kext or duplicate parts of the old kext.
  15. C

Admittedly this is a belated reply, but alas I was not able to resolve this problem. If I inject any properties into the Thunderbolt device tree, whether from SSDT or via OpenCore device properties, my system complains and asks me to reconfigure BIOS on every reboot. I have since abandoned the...
  16. C

I have installed macOS Sonoma but when I restart it no longer boot

I don't think the Nvidia GT710 will work in Sonoma.
  17. C

We have found that GeekBench scores in Windows are typically higher for all systems (AMD and Intel) when compared with macOS. We believe this is because the operating system APIs involved by GeekBench may be faster in Windows.
  18. C

I am a complete zero in hackintosh and want to find a ready-made EFI for my pc

Please try the two different EFI folders attached below.
  19. C

When I return from holiday next week I can test your EFI folder on my Asus Gene. Even though it's a different motherboard, I should still be able to use it. But please compress and post the EFI folder here on this website so there is no ambiguity about the right version.
  20. C

Does the installer log just freeze/stop at this point? If so, does the same error message still appear, "macOS Ventura is not compatible with this Mac"?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.