Search results

1. 8Raven20

AMD RX 470 on Mac Pro 5,1 screen tearing and glitching, kext edit needed?

Thanks for the help so far but as it’s New Year’s Eve I’m going to come back to this tomorrow Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. 8Raven20

I found these but if try "sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/..." the message says " (kernel) Kext com.apple.nvidia.NVDAStartup not found for unload request. Failed to unload com.apple.nvidia.NVDAStartup - (libkern/kext) not found." Also if I run kext wizard none of these are in the...
  3. 8Raven20

Can I just remove them to trash or do I need to use an uninstaller? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 8Raven20

This is a Mac Pro 4,1 updated to 5,1 by the previous owner. So yes it's real. Do I need to look at the stickers on the card to get the descriptors? The nVidia card (GTX770) worked fine but the Web Drivers stopped at 348.xx I think. Card was OK but one day the screen flashed rapidly, went green...
  5. 8Raven20

I can only look up what the card is on the AMD Wiki page. I can’t amend the drivers as it’s all in OSX, the nVidia card ended up not being supported by nVidia and then just failed on me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. 8Raven20

Hi, I switched from a failed nVidia card recently to an AMD RX 470 8GB for metal support but, I seem to have nothing but headaches with it. The MacOS is standard Mojave 10.14.6 and the BIOS on the GPUs is most up to date button EFI. I have seen references to editing kext files but don't...
  7. 8Raven20

I'm new here

Hi, I'm new here. Located in UK Northamptonshire. Years of Mac use but changed from nVidia to AMD recently and having issues with screen tearing that I hope I can get fixed,
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.