Search results

1. vanquish

Adobe Photoshop - Are there still issues with Adobe and AMD Hackintosh?

Thanks. Got it all installed. Now to test it!
  2. vanquish

Thanks. I have downloaded the file and unzipped it but I am not sure what I am supposed to do with it now?
  3. vanquish

I am currently running Ventura on an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and it pretty much runs fine however, I always have problems with Adobe apps. They open and as soon as I try to do anything in the app, even just open an image, it crashes to the desktop. This also happened with Big Sur. I had seen a few...
  4. vanquish

Clean Install Of Ventura on Gygabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi with Ryzen 5 2600?

Thought I should update this thread. With a LOT of help from Edhawk I am now running Ventura. It was not all smooth sailing. I decided to do an update from BigSur rather than a fresh install. I did clone my drive first of course. After downloading the update and rebooting, it all seemed to...
  5. vanquish

Has anyone found a way to install macOS with a Ryzen APU only?

Motherboard is Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI. CPU is the Ryzen 5 2600 The BT/Wifi card is a Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0. I replaced the original card on the motherboard with this one and it works fine. Storage is WDC WDS500G2B0C-00PXH0 I hope that helps?
  6. vanquish

I think I user Proper Tree to update the plist. Thanks for all your help. I have sent you my EFI.
  7. vanquish

Well, I got the new graphics card and put it in my Ryzen machine, not expecting it to boot but, it did! I am not sure why because I thought that the 6600 would not work with Big Sur. However, it is not working as it should. Things are just a little slow and the system report lists it as...
  8. vanquish

I am not entirely sure which version of OC I am running but I have a feeling it may be 0.7.4 I can't check because the graphics card has not arrived yet. Should be here in a couple of hours. I did try using my Big Sur NVMe drive in an external NVMe enclosure on my Mac Pro running High Sierra but...
  9. vanquish

Thanks. I have ordered the PowerColor and it should be here tomorrow. I then just have the interesting task of getting Ventura or Monterey installed. Not entirely sure how I am going to approach that yet but one step at a time. 😂
  10. vanquish

Will the PowerColor card work? I read on the Dortana guide that PowerColor and XFX are cards to avoid but perhaps this is old info?
  11. vanquish

Well, that didn't last long. The card died after less than 3 days of use :( I was just sitting at the desktop, the screen went black and there was a series of beeps, I think one long and three short but can't remember. I tried the card in my Mac Pro running Mojave but it was the same. Luckily...
  12. vanquish

I didn't take the card apart yet but that is next on the list. I did however move the switch as you suggested and now it is so quiet I barely notice it. Thanks for that suggestion 👍
  13. vanquish

Been a while since I looked at doing this upgrade but wanted to wait until I had a better graphics card. I picked up a Sapphire RX580 8GB dual bios version for £80 which is not too bad. I also have a spare 500GB Lexar NM610 Pro NVMe drive which I would like to install to. Are there any issues...
  14. vanquish

At the moment I run Big Sur with a Ryzen 2600 and Sapphire RX580 8GB. It runs fine, and wireless and Bluetooth both work, iMessage doesn't but that is no big deal. However the RX580 whilst ok when doing normal stuff such as browsing, email etc but when I open anything graphics intensive like a...
  15. vanquish

Thanks so much for all the info. I may be able to stretch the budget a bit. Depends on what work comes in over the next week or so. I also have a Mac Pro 5,1 that I need to get a card for so might look to buy two.
  16. vanquish

Thanks for the heads-up on the graphics card. It is getting on a bit! The Broadcom is the BCM94360. Ok, so its a hunt for a new graphics card first then👍
  17. vanquish

I currently run Big Sur 11.5.2 and most things are working fine. Never managed to get iMessage to work but that is a small niggle. I would like to get Ventura up and running but I have attempted to upgrade before and it did not go well! Luckily I had a back up cloned version of my drive to...
  18. vanquish

Need To Install High Sierra but what to change in my current EFI?

I would indeed be using Opencore Legacy Patcher to install BigSur or Monterey on the Mac Pro. However, that is now a project for another time. My Ryzen based Hackintosh is much faster and costs me nothing, at the moment at least. I do want to update the graphics card and when I do I will choose...
  19. vanquish

Need To Install High Sierra but what to change in my current EFI?

Ok, so an update on this situation. I am back up and running on BigSur👍 It was all a bit convoluted. I did end up buying a 2009 Mac Pro, updated from 4,1 to 5,1 as it was the only reliable way to gain access to my BigSur drive. However, it was not that simple. No surprises there! My BigSur is...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.