Search results

1. sos86

Odd quirk - PS2 keyboard disabled on restarts

Thanks - tried both of those, no dice. Have worked around using a PS2 to USB adapter (only disadvantage is I can't then use PS2 keyboard to power on the system, but that's no biggie).
  2. sos86

Odd quirk - PS2 keyboard disabled on restarts

I've got an odd quirk I'm struggling to track down / work out. In brief, when I restart my Hack after it's been running MacOS, the PS2 keyboard doesn't respond, even from the BIOS screen. It starts working again once macOS is booted to the login screen. If I switch the power supply off, wait 10...
  3. sos86

New update mac os 12.4 monterey

Thanks Shanee. Oddly enough a simple reboot seems to have fixed things (+running disk first aid perhaps). I'm using your AppleI2xx kext from late last year, by the way.
  4. sos86

New update mac os 12.4 monterey

I just updated and lost ethernet (i211). Trying to restore it now...
  5. sos86

Internet not working on I211-AT

Sweet! Applel2xx.kext works for me (haven't crashed yet). Posting from Monteray 12.0.1.
  6. sos86

Internet not working on I211-AT

Why does Apple insist on breaking stuff for we Hack users? :) Same issue on my i211 ethernet connection (ASUS PRIME x470-Pro, BIOS rev. 5861). Also having problems with Monterey disabling USB and PS/2 power on reboots, meaning I can't select other OS's in reFind or from OpenCore's picker...
  7. sos86

How to update Open Core??

My basic steps each time OC updates: 1) Make sure I have a backup of a working EFI folder from the current working release. 2) Copy the new OC files over the existing EFI directory 3) Manually open my existing config.plist and the example config.plist from the new OC version in propertree 4)...
  8. sos86

Mount EFI automatically on login

I created the above mount point /System/Volumes/Data/EFI/ manually, and ensure you can write to that location. ...and the above still works for me, although I had to re-edit the sudoers file again, since it got overwritten when I moved from Big Sur Beta to Big Sur public release. EDIT: I...
  9. sos86

Thanks - I feel a bit less naive now. Still not sure where such a script might come from, but one can imagine. I'll go sudoers, unless there's a clear way to do it with fstab, or DiskImageMounter (remember: silently, with no user interventions, on login). EDIT: altered above to use sudoers...
  10. sos86

For a single user PC, where I am the admin + user, I don't really see this, but of course everyone's situation is different. The user's password is in plain text in the file, but given its location can only be read by the user logging in using their own password anyway, the risk seems low...
  11. sos86

Thanks - that does what it says on the tin. Still, it's a little more overengineered for what I want it to do i.e. simply mount the EFI partition silently on login. I also had a bit of fun & learning working out my own wheel :)
  12. sos86

Big Sur Release Candidate - 20B5022a

Ooooo. Big Sur Release Candidate is out...downloading 2.81 GB to update now. [EDIT] All done - easy as pie (OC 0.63):
  13. sos86

With hackintoshing requiring regular updates to OpenCore on the EFI partition, I became frustrated at needing to manually mount EFI each time, either via the terminal, or using Clover etc. Given macOS no longer uses fstab, or at least fiddles with it through automounter, I found it surprisingly...
  14. sos86

Big Sur running great on 0.6.0 but can't upgrade to 0.6.2 or 0.6.3

I've learnt a while ago, after several similar failure to boots after upgrading OC, that there are always changes between OpenCore versions which often necessitate changes in any given config.plist. So, I now go through it carefully every upgrade, comparing with the sample.plist provided (in the...
  15. sos86

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta 1

There are always changes between OpenCore versions, sometimes these necessitate changes in your config.plist. At the least, you should go through it carefully, comparing with the sample.plist provided (in the Docs folder of the OpenCore Zip file). For example, check you have the latest CPU...
  16. sos86

Big Sur Beta 10

All up and running here (Version 11.0 Beta 20A5395g). Initially had a freeze booting up with the apple logo stuck at 90% of the progress bar, and USB devices powering down. Went closely through my config.plist, updating every aspect - patches, DSDT, settings - and found a few errors / changes...
  17. sos86

Clover Experimental Patches

Why thank you! I'm glad further intelligent replies have indeed been forthcoming. For those less perceptive of an analogy than your good self, it's because many of the technologies and coding in Clover have become cumbersome patches upon patches. To remedy the situation would be the equivalent...
  18. sos86

Clover Experimental Patches

That's a bit like asking "with the advent of electric cars, why haven't steam engines been installed?"
  19. sos86

Big Sur Beta 9

That did the trick for me too....and a trap for young players: "false" (doesn't work) is not the same as "disabled" (the correct setting) in config.plist :)
  20. sos86

Big Sur Beta 8

No special kexts, just the kernel patches (OC 0.61). Perhaps you've got some error or typo in your "Expirental" patches?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.