Search results

1. Carniphage

Sleep wake much improved with Ventura.

My Hackintosh worked pretty well, but it would often spontaneously wake in the middle of the night and stay awake. Since I installed Ventura, the insomnia seems entirely cured. Not sure if the reason is an OpenCore update or whether Ventura itself is handling sleep/wake in a different way.
  2. Carniphage

Intel I211 on Monterey

I have an Aorus 570i and I am seeing something similar. It looks like it is working, but randomly cuts out.
  3. Carniphage

Monterey 12.1 update - any need to knows?

This is probably a heretical thing to say on this forum. I apologise, in advance, for any offence caused. ( I think there may be helplines available for those affected) But this Smalltree thing has made me want to consider a KVM Hackintosh.
  4. Carniphage

B450-F & GTX 670 black screen on boot

In my experience, there is a loooong wait. Then another reboot. If the screen boots black, you hear an audio prompt to turn on VoiceOver/Screen reader. In my case the black screen was fixed by moving from DisplayPort to HDMI.
  5. Carniphage

Update stuck

...and all the way there. Black screen was on Display Port. HDMI was fine. Bit of cable swapping and got across the line. Thanks for your help Kieran.
  6. Carniphage

Update stuck

That worked! (Well I am booting into a black screen. But almost there.)
  7. Carniphage

Update stuck

Thanks for that. Most of my kexts are OpenCore specific, but I have an ethernet driver and couple of others.
  8. Carniphage

Update stuck

I am still stuck at the same point. Having tried a bunch of config.plist changes. Occasionally, the log gets a few lines further and you see this. (attachement) "WRMSR" refers to Write to Model Specific Register. Does this make sense to anyone?
  9. Carniphage

Update stuck

I am at stuck at exactly the same point. Will let you know if I make progress.
  10. Carniphage

GPU Performance Improved

Oh. My. Goodness. I knew that my Radeon 7 was capable of a great deal more performance. But despite my best efforts, benchmarks like Unigine Heaven, it was scoring around 30-40fps. This patch has easily doubled the frame rate. Excellent work.
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.