Search results

1. S

Catalina (10.5.6), Ryzen 9 3950x/ROG Strix X570F/ROG Strix RX5700xt

This is the complete EFI that I used for initial installation. The config.plist I'm actually running now has additional mods per the OpenCore post-install guide to permit FileVault and other features; strongly recommend validating the settings using ProperTree. However, all the drivers and...
  2. S

After a few BIOS tweaks: AMD Hackintosh: CPU Single 5926, CPU Multi 62620, CineBench 20 9265
  3. S

Just tested Sidecar yeterday; sadly, it doesn't appear to work. It looks like it does connect to the iPad Pro, but no joy when I try to use the iPad's display to put app windows on.
  4. S

Thanks. That Noctua is a monster, but it sure seems to get the job done. Haven't tried Sidecar yet - with a 32" monitor, I haven't really felt the need. ;) That said, both WiFi and Bluetooth work, so there's no theoretical reason why it wouldn't.
  5. S

Just some preliminary ones, since everything is currently stock; first order of business was just making sure everything worked and getting my apps/data migrated. However, a quick run through CineBench 20 on the upgraded 2010 Mac Pro this machine will be replacing showed the following result...
  6. S

Haven't actually tried that yet - my video editing so far consists of cleaning up my class lecture recordings from Zoom using iMovie. If all goes well, I'll give that a shot on my Tuesday networking class. My students are eager to see the new machine as well. ;) I've been using Asus...
  7. S

Started the hardware build last Saturday, completed the software build a couple hours ago (I work slowly. ;) I've owned Macs since 1987 and have been building PCs since 1982, but this is the first time I've built a Mac from scratch. Many thanks to the AMD-OSX and OpenCore teams for the most...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.