Search results

1. slead

NVME not working on mini PC MF UM690

I have seen the HX99G, will try to get my hands on one. So far it was simply a test, to see how slow is the computer without the GFX acceleration. I doubt the Radeon 680M will ever be supported (maybe with nootedRed).
  2. slead

Cheers for the advice. I am still in the testing phase, maybe I will get a WD or so. Anyway, the GPU (Radeon 680M) is not supported so I am not sure about the computer. I may switch to a HX99G.
  3. slead

I got it working, it was the NVME. The first was not recognised because of Hynix, and the second was...no idea what brand it was. I now have a Samsung 980 PRO and that one works. Thank you @Edhawk and @leesurone
  4. slead

You were right, I used a different NVME and now it sort of is working. The issue I have now is, I am unable to format it. It starts but after a few seconds I get an error. Tried in the installer as well as in the OS (which was running from a SATA SSD).
  5. slead

The NVME drive is a HP M16789-001, it has 512 GB. I have Win11 on it and it is working fine. OpenCore shows the Win installation on the boot screen but after that nothing.
  6. slead

Hi all, I was able to install macOS Sonoma 14.3 to a MinisForum UM690 (Ryzen 9 6900HX). I installed the OS onto a SATA SSD. Unfortunately I am not able to get the NVME working, it is not recognized by the OS, neither before installing the OS nor while in the OS and using disk utility. I have the...
  7. slead

Solved Can't get to Ventura Installer

Thank you, this helped me out too. That file was the one piece I was missing. Much appreciated :)
  8. slead

Need help with Ryzen 7700X & Gigabyte X670E

Over at tony, someone apparently tried it and it does not work. Drüben bei Tony hat jemand es bereits probiert jedoch ohne Erfolg.
  9. slead

The trackpad not working and the screen stays black after boot for a while

It might be a shot in the dark but ever since version 12.3 Apple changed something and you need AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to boot properly. This might also be needed for you. See here for more info.
  10. slead

Which x570 motherboard is recommended for MacOS?

I can recommend the Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (not Dark and also not Wi-Fi Version). It has 2 Ethernet ports, and Ethernet works, it has 2 NVMe slots too. So far I had almost no issues. Apart from that, I also have the Asus X470-F ROG Strix Gaming and that is also quite good. But I have...
  11. slead

Before updating to Monterey 12.3 Beta (21E5196i)

@Pavo and @Shaneee much appreciated , I was struggling for a few days to update from 12.2.1 to 12.3.1.
  12. slead

trying to install macos monterey

A bit more info is needed. System specs, error message, OC version etc.
  13. slead

Can't find values for _cpuid_set_info core count

Took me a bit, but here it is. I have randomised the platform ID, you can fill in yours. I have adjusted the kernel for your 12 core 3900x. Good luck.
  14. slead

Can't find values for _cpuid_set_info core count

If you like, I can upload my EFI. I could adjust the config.plist for the 3900x. Just let me know. I have the Asus x570 Crosshair VIII Hero, so also a board from Asus.
  15. slead

osx Monterey

great to hear that it works (y)
  16. slead

osx Monterey

I noticed a few things while looking through the EFI. In the config.plist I noticed that you have not modified the kernel patch for your processor. I modified it now You had used lilubetall=1, I removed it since it is not a beta (from what I understand) Added OpenShell.efi to the Tools folder...
  17. slead

osx Monterey

I don't think it has anything to do with two m.2 drives. I also have two m.2 drives, one for windows and the other for macOS. I will download your EFI and have a look at it later. But as @Shaneee and some others also mentioned a few times, there are some issues with MSI boards in general.
  18. slead

osx Monterey

I downloaded your EFI and went through it. I made some modifications. 1. The kernel patch was not accurate 2. Added the boot-args "-v" 3. only kept OpenShell.efi in the tools folder give it a try, hope it works
  19. slead

osx Monterey

Post a little bit more info. Like openCore version, screenshot of the error (you should start it with boot argument -v) and bios settings.
  20. slead

Research for AMD Hackintosh possibilities

Hi and welcome :-) Looking at the posted specs, you will run into trouble with the graphics card if you want to install the latest macOS. Check GPU compatibility here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/macos-limits.html#gpu-support The rest seems fine from what I can gather.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.