Search results

1. agent2

Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

Hey @CaseySJ, I'm loving the work on this project so far! I have been using your config for the last year and it helped me save a ton of time! Would it be possible for you to update this thread and the corresponding posts to the current OpenCore version and for macOS Sonoma? That would be...
  2. agent2

Hey @CaseySJ when will we get an update from you on the latest Opencore version? Will you write an update pertaining to the use and installation of macOS Sonoma? Would be awesome to hear on this resource again! I am trying to update my Bro's PC with the latest OC version, would love to have your...
  3. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Hey guys, awesome job you've been doing until now on the troubleshooting! Hats off to everyone who has contributed. I just wanted to ask the lingering question here that many others probably have too: I have read everywhere now that Broadcom WiFi is at a dead end. Is this a definitive answer? Or...
  4. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Well now that we know for sure, the ball is in Apple's court to not mess around. I also have high hopes that this will finally mean RDNA3 support in macOS. As long as that's not the case, my 6900XT will continue to serve me well. I'm really happy AMD decided to stick it to the RTX6000 with the...
  5. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Hey guys, sorry if this is a bit unrelated to the current discussion, but about a week ago there was a brief discussion on this thread about USB DVD/CD-players not working. I stumbled across this article and thought that it might clear up a little of the confusion that arose here. Cheers...
  6. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

OMG this is madness! You legend! I will try this with my Gene when I get the chance. You guys are working some magic here.
  7. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Thank you very much to you too for providing these useful screenshots! Why doesn't macOS see the controller in system report?
  8. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Ah awesome! I shall soon have a look on my Zen 4 PC if this works. This sounds much better than the previous Thunderbolt adventures I used to follow. Thank you very much for your patience!
  9. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Ah OK awesome! Does it still need an SSDT or so? How did your TB4 setup come to be? What did you have to do to make it work?
  10. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

OK bro idk if you understood what my context for the question, I have a X670E Gene Ryzentosh in my household right now, and I can't go buy a TR card just like that, I was wondering how far the community has gotten with onboard TB4/USB4 controllers. So yeah your solution is known to me and a good...
  11. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Hey Casey I've been following this thread with a lot of interest, I sadly haven't come around to reporting my Zen 4 system status yet. But one thing that has been an interesting topic to me is Thunderbolt (the early forum members might remember that 😁). I would like to know what I can do (be it...
  12. agent2

Hey Casey, all this work you and the others have put in over the past months is simply amazing, I cannot put into words how impressed I have been! I will continue to adjust little things to my Bro's PC with the Gene and when I have enough time I will make sure to post the success story in the...
  13. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST A FORUM THREAD ON THIS!! Finally we have another worthy 5K entrant to the market, Iiyama was a bit of a dud in terms the panel only being 8-bit and the I/O being really janky. Hopefully we have full DP1.4/2.1 as well... I am also a huge fan of the 5K 27" panels...
  14. agent2

Ryzen 7000 Testing

Hey man, congrats on the bad-ass mobo purchase! I know the problem to your M2_2 issue. The board bifurcates the 16x GPU lanes from the CPU into x8 for the top x16 slot and into x4 for the second the PCIe x16 slot, which leaves 4 lanes for the M2_2 slot. But because you probably set the A6000 to...
  15. agent2

What is the status on Thunderbolt 4 support on AMD Motherboards?

Hi everybody, It's been a while, and I've been wondering if the support for Thunderbolt 4 on Hackintoshes has been smoother than for Thunderbolt 3. I've searched around on the web and found this very detailed guide for hot-plug TB4 from elitemacx86 and wondered if this would a good guide to...
  16. agent2

Any successes with the crazy ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Extreme? Especially with the AQC113CS??

Same here that's what interests me too.
  17. agent2

[SUCCESS] agent2's MacPro7,1 - Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Formula, AMD RX 6900XT, OC 0.8.8, macOS 13.2

mini UPDATE: I had never bothered trying out sleep functionality on my hack when I updated to OC 0.6.9 as it was always broken. But today I enabled it just to see if the SSDTs from AudioGod would make it work, and it did! I was really surprised and I will try to let my PC sleep a bit more XD...
  18. agent2

A (silent) GPU with 1 or 2 DVI for 5950x, Asus MoBo, Mojave

Hi there! I‘ve noticed that you are running a CROSSHAIR VIII Extreme. I personally am a bit nerdy about this board and would also love to give it a try sometime in the future… that’s why I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking: Do both your LAN ports work? I know the Intel one is...
  19. agent2

[SUCCESS] agent2's MacPro7,1 - Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Formula, AMD RX 6900XT, OC 0.8.8, macOS 13.2

Yeah I'll see I'm pretty busy right now I'll see when I have the chance... I'm eying an upgrade to the newest OC version when I have more time, so there might be more changes than expected...
  20. agent2

Any successes with the crazy ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Extreme? Especially with the AQC113CS??

Idk with the rest of your components doesn't this board facilitate or justify a nearly-full system upgrade? I don't think that a 2700X would be so useful to take full advantage of the feature-set... and unless you have very good low-latency DDR4 RAM it just wouldn't be an adequate upgrade, an...
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.