Search results

1. B

Fixing audio if it doesn't work under linux

The guides for creating an AppleALC layout all begin with dumping the codec from linux and essentially copying it. However my laptop (and many other HP laptops apparently) don't have working audio and nothing I've found online has helped get the sound working. So is this a non-starter? Is there...
  2. B

NootedRed, Cezanne APUs (Ryzen 7 5825U). Now trackpad issues.

I'm currently working on my second hack, an R7 5825U laptop (HP ENVY x360 15-ey0001na) currently running W11. I'm getting stuck in kernelspace on a few different messages depending on the combination of different ACPI/Kexts enabled: USBToolBox: XHC0: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out...
  3. B

Issues booting when updating OC

Currently on OC 0.6.3 and trying to upgrade to 0.7.4 but can't get it to boot - it seems to crash and reboot at random points in the boot process or soon after it's done booting (one time I managed to sign in and open an app before it crashed). Another issue is that I can't update big sur from...
  4. B

AMD + Nvidia GPUs

Is there any reason why this shouldn't work? Every time I boot with the nvidia gpu also installed, mac os will not boot. I have followed the steps for enabling a nvidia gpu. Even if there is no fix that would allow me to use both under mac os, it would be nice to be able to disable that pcie...
  5. B

GPU undervolt

I've seen guides on editing a clover config.plist to change GPU clock, voltage and fan curves using hackintool and clover configurator. Is the same possible under OpenCore?
  6. B

Slow Boot :(

While tweaking I noticed that the usb I originally used to install macOS around half a year ago boots Catalina significantly faster that the EFI partition i'm using now. Since installing I've updated opencore and kexts, but I don't think it's possible that new versions are so much less efficient...
  7. B

RadeonBoost.kext breaks boot

When I enable ReadeonBoost.kext in my Config.plist, I cannot get past the black screen with the apple logo, no progress bar. As soon as I disable it, it works fine. I updated whatevergreen, no improvement. Perhaps I need to update other kexts?
  8. B

Success! Ryzen 5 2600 + RX580 4Gb

Just felt like sharing bc I'm so happy with the results. Specs: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 - oc 4gHz GPU: Sapphire RX580 4Gb RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24Gb 2666mHz - oc 3000mHz(4+4+8+8) MOBO: MSI x370 Gaming Plus Followed vanilla method, only problem was that macos didn't create its own EFI partition...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.