Search results

1. B

Fixing audio if it doesn't work under linux

Ok latest AppleALC version: with layout 13 speakers showed up but mic didn't, no audio from speakers with layouts 11 and 12 speakers and mic showed up, no audio from speakers but mic levels seemed to move around, though not when I shouted at it but when I tried to play audio. I've attached a...
  2. B

Yeah I've found kexts and things for the pm991 and using a usb nic until I replace them. Sleep isn't really the main issue, I'm more concerned about getting audio first. Tried 11,12, and 13; will now test with the latest AppleALC version
  3. B

The guides for creating an AppleALC layout all begin with dumping the codec from linux and essentially copying it. However my laptop (and many other HP laptops apparently) don't have working audio and nothing I've found online has helped get the sound working. So is this a non-starter? Is there...
  4. B

Ryzen 5600h and Radeon 5500m

bump
  5. B

NootedRed, Cezanne APUs (Ryzen 7 5825U). Now trackpad issues.

Just clearing this up for anyone that may come across this in the future - at the moment, Lilu does not recognise NootedRed at some stages in the install/update process. Disabling NRed only disabled hardware graphics acceleration, so it can be safely disabled until macos is done installing/updating.
  6. B

Touchpad fixed! Used a VoodooI2C build from NootInc attached below incase anyone has a similar issue later.
  7. B

I'm almost certain. See post #23
  8. B

Didn't work unfortunately :( Opened an issue in VoodoRMI, hopefully someone over there might have some ideas.
  9. B

I just tried installing again and as before it broke at 12 mins. To check whether it's the PM991's fault, I tried installing on an external ssd and I think it crashed and rebooted in the same spot. Is there any way to get a log of the install after the fact to see what's causing the issue?
  10. B

I was finally able to boot back into the base system with this EFI, although the trackpad did not work. Keyboard worked fine though and I connected an external mouse. Diskutil could not see my NVME drive and after this issue and applying the kext in this comment I was able to get macos to see...
  11. B

For the RTCAWAC I just used the default option in SSDTTime. If XHC0 and XHC1 are the only controllers on the device does it make sense to disable them? The only way I can get rid of the ALPS errors is by disabling all VoodooPS2 etc., in which case the XHC0/XHC1 lines are the last.
  12. B

Also VoodooI2C allegedly supports AMD since a few weeks ago https://github.com/VoodooI2C/VoodooI2C/commit/f9f703b760711e25bd094058ecb6f19dea52dc5f
  13. B

Regenerated using option 3 and got the same result, pretty sure I did use the laptop one the first time round. Also installed the HPET patches. Couldn't boot. I think the touchpad works over i2c, evidence attached. I tried enabling RMII2C and disabling VoodooSMBus and RMISMBus but this didn't...
  14. B

So I removed the MT7922 and I'm once again getting stuck on ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: identify: not an ALPS device: Error getting E6 report The trackpad is not an alps device (synaptics I2C), and neither are the touchscreen or pen (both ELAN I2C devices) . @Middleman earlier said to use...
  15. B

One disadvantage I've found in laptops is that the bios options are incredibly limited; I can't disable the wifi adapter from there. I thought maybe disabling the internal usb port the adapter is connected to would work, but it didn't. £4.75 is very reasonable, do you recommend the Intel 3165NGW?
  16. B

That's correct, there's also two more internal ports that seem to not be connected to anything so I excluded them from the map. I haven't yet replaced the MT7922, I assumed macos would just ignore it and it wouldn't be an issue. I was hoping to use this so I wouldn't have to replace it and I'm...
  17. B

Yeah, I've done this. I assume this is a separate thing though?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.