Search results

1. madvinegar

Update from 14.4 to 14.4.1

You keep saying "not true". It is true for many systems. Maybe it is not true for your system but it is for others. Apart from the thread I opened when updating to 14.4 (where some others were also facing the same problem and assisted me to update) I also checked in youtube and found this post...
  2. madvinegar

I think you get these problems if you have an intel network card. If you do, for sure you have to disable the Airportltlwm, BluetoolFixup, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher kexts before updating.
  3. madvinegar

Just a heads up that if you plan to update your system from 14.4 to 14.4.1 you need again to follow the below steps: 1. Opencore must be updated to 0.99. 2. Remove/disable any kexts related to wifi and bluetooth. (Airportltlwm, BluetoolFixup, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher). 3. Set...
  4. madvinegar

Update from 14.3.1 to 14.4

So, I have finally managed to update the system to 14.4. The steps I followed are the following: 1. Updated Opencore to 0.99. 2. Removed/disabled any kexts related to wifi and bluetooth. (Airportltlwm, BluetoolFixup, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher). 3. Set securebootmodel to Disabled...
  5. madvinegar

Thanks. I will try tomorrow and let you know.
  6. madvinegar

Anyone else have problem updating to 14.4? I tried via the update offered by Sonoma. No Go. I tried downloading the whole 14.4 update and then running it. No Go. I tried creating an installation USB. Again No Go. System in the end boots back to 14.3.1. Is there any trick I should do to get...
  7. madvinegar

Flash GOP uefi bios to HD7770

@Edhawk Did you maybe have the time to have a look at the Efi and that config.plists? Is there any hope to get DRM working forthis GPU or should I just accept the fact that it is an old non-supported GPU ?:geek::giggle: I run the VDA decoder checker and I got the attached result.
  8. madvinegar

Only when you have time and only if you want. There is no rush. I will have access to this PC earliest on Monday.
  9. madvinegar

I tried all boot args I could think of. Could not enable VDA decoder... I attach my EFI and the files you requested. Again, many many thanks.
  10. madvinegar

Apologies @Edhawk , I've just seen your reply. What I tried was to add the -radcodec argument and also add the unfairgva to device properties. The card is metal supported but the decoder fails... Please see the screenshots. I will try tomorrow to also add the -wegnoigpu argument. Unfortunately...
  11. madvinegar

For the time being I am using just radpg=15 (this is needed for the initialization of the HD7770) and amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 (as OCPL could not patch the needed gpu kexts back to S/L/E without first disabling AMFI). OCLP was only used for patching back the necessary GPU kexts. (I just ran the...
  12. madvinegar

Thank you both for your help. @Edhawk I found an already prepared GOP Efi bios for this gpu (as you suggested) in techpowerup and I flashed it and it worked. I am using this card in a sonoma hackintosh. I had to use OCLP to patch back the 7000 and 8000 kexts and it is working properly. But...
  13. madvinegar

Hi there. I kindly ask for your assistance. I would like to flash a GOP vBios to my AMD Radeon HD7770 The card is this one: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-hd-7770.b609 I will use GPU-Z to extract the original vBios rom. Can someone please let me know what kind of software I need...
  14. madvinegar

Sonoma 14.3

Thanks! I've missed that. I will delete the -lilubetaall entry. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
  15. madvinegar

Sonoma 14.3

Thank you so much. I amended my config plist according to your instructions and now the cpu name is shown correctly in the "about Mac". I trust that I will still be getting the OTA updates, correct? (I deleted the "revpatch=sbvmm" argument from the boot arguments and just added the "sbvmm,auto"...
  16. madvinegar

Sonoma 14.3

That's how it worked for me too. Thanks! Only problem my Ryzen 5 5600x is shown as an intel i5. I use restrictevents.kext v1.1.3
  17. madvinegar

Sonoma 14.3

Hi there. Sonoma 14.3 update is live. Is it safe to update or do we need to make any chages to the kernel patches or config.plist...? I am on latest OC 0.97. Thanks!
  18. madvinegar

Sonoma 14.1 update not showing up

This worked great. Many thanks @tristan !
  19. madvinegar

Sonoma 14.1 update not showing up

I am presently in Sonoma 14.0 and I try to update to Sonoma 14.1 but the update in not showing up (in my "real" Macs is showing since yesterday). Is there any problem? Is it showing up in your AMD systems?
  20. madvinegar

Ventura 13.3 Install Problem

The first one is B8 (not B0). Updated the patches and all went well updating to 13.3. Thanks to all who work hard on this.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.