Search results

1. D

Some of the waves plugins are crashing [Logic Pro X]

I can advise windows 10 LTSC. A stripped down version without the bloat. I’m dual booting this and using ableton all my plugs work and performance is great. 3950X and RME babyface. No hickups and no OS tuning nessecary Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

Windows is better than AMD OSX for music prod. End of story. Untill true intel emulation is possible this will always be the case Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. D

Well, if u want a traditional daw then cubase or sonar comes close. But i use ableton live so had no problems opening my existing mac projects on windows. Never looked back Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

If u want music production on amd u have to use windows. There is no way around it... I abandoned mac a few months now and all is working super stable on windows 10 ltsc... Plus better performance too because the cpu is supported natively Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. D

No because my gpu only works from catalina up :( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. D

Nope, since catalina is 64bit only Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. D

Installing goes fine, but if the plugs don't work, there is no point :)
  8. D

That patch is not ready, it is a code example of how it could be fixed. But it will still need to be developed into a kext or patch for opencore.
  9. D

@Shaneee https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mp3-1-others-sse-4-2-emulation-to-enable-amd-metal-driver.2206682/page-4?post=28556400#post-28556400 Too technical for me but it looks promising, no?
  10. D

Same boat. If this does not get fixed, i’m ditching osx all together and starting fresh on windows 10. Sucks i bought this hardware for osx and now i cannot get it to work as an audio workstation which renders it useless Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. D

Some more googling found this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mp3-1-others-sse-4-2-emulation-to-enable-amd-metal-driver.2206682/ Maybe its a step in the right direction?
  12. D

I have tried running the seperate waves apps, but they crash just like Avenger: command to try: MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 /Applications/Waves/Applications\ V11/CODEX.app/Contents/MacOS/CODEX _intel_fast_memset errors all over the place @Shaneee Theoretically, is this something that could be...
  13. D

Slow Internet

If u boot into windows or linux, do you have full speed? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. D

[Solved] System random shutdown OC 0.5.9

You should try to boot without the AMDRyzen cpu management to see if its related to that kext. How is your BIOS setup? Did u follow the AMD OSX guide?
  15. D

Does this also work for Ableton? I'm in the same boat as i'm about to install waves and stumbled on this topic :)
  16. D

USB devices stuttering & micro freezes, poor rendering performance in Safari. 2700X, RX 5700 XT

Change your BIOS setting for the GPU to run at PCIe 3.0 and if possible, disable any com ports in BIOS and your build will run without hickups.
  17. D

Slow Internet

Check with system information that you have a gigabit connection running to your pc, you might be stuck at 100Mbit.
  18. D

[SOLVED] USB Audio micro pauses and fills up logs

Only one way to find out ;) But yes :)
  19. D

[Success] R7 3700X + ASUS B450M-PLUS GAMING + SAPPHIRE RX580

On my Mobo I also did not have to "patch" usb ports as there were 4 usb controllers and they never went over 15 ports each. I just patched the names of the controller via ACPI patch for OSX to not have any conflicts and all of them are working fine at their rated speeds.
  20. D

[Success] R7 3700X + ASUS B450M-PLUS GAMING + SAPPHIRE RX580

Thanks for sharing! How did u get the CPU name updated in about menu?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.