Search results

1. nocaptony

Hackintosh dual boot to Windows 11 "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR"

Hello all, I can't seem to figure out why Windows keeps giving me the blue screen with the error "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR" while booting into it from OpenCore. I have attached my EFI below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. nocaptony

Best way to software update on Ventura

Hello all, I'm just wondering what the best/safest way is to apply the software updates on Ventura.
  3. nocaptony

Kernel Panic during Ventura Installation

Yep, that fixed it. Thank you both so much for the help once again.
  4. nocaptony

I used the second rendition of the EFI and added the AppleMCEReporterDisabler kext to it and I finally got macOS Ventura installed. Thank you both so much for the help. Just one more thing: the CPU is showing up as unknown in the system information tab. Is there any fix to this? See image...
  5. nocaptony

Thanks for taking the time to revise the EFI. I tried it, but still didn't work. The installer keeps panicking at about the same place, I have two pictures of the screen. See attached below.
  6. nocaptony

Here is a picture of the screen. I tried putting in the most recent kexts as you linked but still to no avail. All of the panics have occurred at this spot, where IOG flag 0x3 (0x51) always pops up. Thanks for the reply.
  7. nocaptony

Tried a few solutions but keeps panicking around the same area. EFI and log are attached below.
  8. nocaptony

Hackintosh black screening then resetting after selecting the OS in OpenCore

Thanks for the recommendation, but it doesn't seem to work. I reverted back to macOS Big Sur which seems to be more stable than Monterey on my current spec.
  9. nocaptony

Hackintosh black screening then resetting after selecting the OS in OpenCore

My Monterey 12.2 Hackintosh was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago, now every time I try to boot into it it loads about halfway then it crashes and restarts. I have no idea what could've caused this. See below the EFI and the logs (the logs are from the installer). I've also tried...
  10. nocaptony

Solved "An error occurred preparing the software update"

Solved by removing all drives apart from the NVME that I was installing macOS Big Sur on.
  11. nocaptony

Solved "An error occurred preparing the software update"

Specs: ASUS Prime A520M-A Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT Ryzen 5 2600 OLOy WarHawk RGB 16GB @3200mhz Attempting to install macOS Big Sur on new desktop, I got through the disk-partitioning phase in the recovery mode, however, midway through the installer phase I get the pop-up "An error occurred...
  12. nocaptony

Stuck on "Using default recoveryOS logarchive preservation timeout"

Yup, the installer was the problem. Downloaded the latest version from the app store, changed npci=0x2000, and installed Big Sur with no problems. Thanks for the help.
  13. nocaptony

Stuck on "Using default recoveryOS logarchive preservation timeout"

Specs: Ryzen 3 1200 Asus Prime B450M-A PowerColor RX 590 8gb OLOy WarHawk RGB 16GB @3200mhz I've been trying to install Big Sur to no avail. The installer seems to be getting stuck on "Using default recoveryOS logarchive preservation timeout", and there doesn't seem to be many online solutions...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.