Search results

1. marinekev88

NON-AMD BUILD: I9 12900KF Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro 6600xt DDR4 >> Monterey

I have been digging around seeing if anyone has built with the above titled specs. I am comfortable building usb maps but I have not played with building SSDTs and those types of things. To preface, the reason I am exploring this option over my 5950x is not for performance but rather for native...
  2. marinekev88

Gigabyte B450M - Ryzen 1600 - WX 5100 Pro

It is, I found the issue. The BIOS for some reason re-enabled CSM when the installer did its first reboot and then cause it to just go into a boot loop. I go it all working and USBmap completed, waiting on the Bluetooth and Wifi card to come in and that will wrap her build up. Dual boot MacOS...
  3. marinekev88

@Shaneee Ive got a weird issue installing Monterey 12.2.1 on my wifes computer... so the install goes through the initial agreements and then starts and gets through the countdown till like 5 min left and then tries to reboot and just keeps rebooting once it loads the apple logo I think I have...
  4. marinekev88

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Figured I would ask, did you get any SCHEME errors on boot? On start up (and of course I didnt take a picture before switching back to 0.7.8) before the os selection screen I get an "ocs: no schema *** <Generic>" error and it never boots. ( I dont remember the specific error though)
  5. marinekev88

Before updating to Monterey 12.3 Beta (21E5196i)

@Seyven Good to know, I will hold off for now
  6. marinekev88

Just got the notice for 12.3 Beta 3 available. Anyone pull the trigger yet?? @Shaneee to clarify on Bluetooth, are you saying you don't use Bluetooth on your main rig, or that It works OTB with your config (not using the BlueToolFixup and IntelBluetoothFirmware kexts) ? I did find that with the...
  7. marinekev88

@Shaneee 12.3 beta successfully updated, I also pulled out those two Kext's for bluetooth and I still show the controller in sys info (screenshot attached) but for some reason I cannot enable/turn on bluetooth, it just spins like its trying to turn on. I can make a new thread if needed but...
  8. marinekev88

I did the USBmap for my board and it seems only the 3.1 headers are picked up by CorpNewt USBMAP tool, all 3.0 ports are hidden and dead (they actually haven't been enabled at I think, I know @AudioGod said something about not using them but I'm not worried about that). All that to say I mapped...
  9. marinekev88

@Shaneee Im running @AudioGod ASUS ROG STRIX EFI with the Dark Hero usb mapping (I may have to map it specific to my HERO VIII Wifi board to get BT working) It has never worked for me. But the Dark Hero is almost identical to my board so meh
  10. marinekev88

Side note, do you have a screen shot of your config.plist kext injection section? I am wanting to setup bluetooth functionality and using IntelBluetoothFirmware.key and BlueToolFixup.kext
  11. marinekev88

Has anyone tried the Monterey 12.3 Beta 2 update yet? I really don't want to guinea pig it and lose all my git keys again from a Time Machine restore.... Its kind of a pain to recycle them
  12. marinekev88

@Shaneee is there something special with this disabler that has to be done when adding to kext folder and config.plist? I added the dictionary item and kext like normal and cleared nvram but not instead of a stick progress bar with apple logo, i just get an apple logo and hangs... i dont have...
  13. marinekev88

Welp saw this after my machine wouldn't boot. Not sure how to fix it at this point with out a reinstall from timemachine... any suggestions?
  14. marinekev88

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

I usually leave what's in there which should just be a MacOs or similar named folder. And copy over the OC and boot folders Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
  15. marinekev88

When you boot from the USB and installed MacOs on your main drive, you will need to unhide the EFI partition of that main drive and copy over the EFI folder from the USB drive. Then you will boot normally. Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
  16. marinekev88

Does anyone have a working 0.7.6 EFI for the Gigabyte B450M board. My wife's computer runs it but mine is an ASUS Hero x570 board so my usb map is different and I am not familiar enough to go mucking about.
  17. marinekev88

Regarding replacing the nvme, I wanted to upgrade to a gen4 anyway so I got one. Now I know I can clean install but that is a pain to the restore from time machine, can anyone confirm that drive cloning works? I've cloned countless windows drives so I imagine it'll work but just want to know if...
  18. marinekev88

Did you use anything to migrate your old drive or just fresh install and time machine it Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
  19. marinekev88

How long, rough estimate, are your boot times? I run now 0.7.6 with Samsung 970 evo nvme and I would say into the OS is about 25 sec from post
  20. marinekev88

ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi [ Same as DarkHero ] - 5950x/RX6600XT/Monterey12.1 - Success So Far

I think you may have the wrong thread, here is the link to 0.7.6 Updates. I am not the Author, @AudioGod graciously provides these skeleton EFI's https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/audiogods-asus-rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-big-sur-monterey-beta-opencore-0-7-4-efi.1685/post-15204 The only...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.