Search results

1. T

6800XT upgrade from Radeon VII crashing

I've just swapped out my Radeon VII for a Sapphire 6800XT, having got OC0.7.0 stable under 11.4. Gets to the picker fine, boot process proceeds, then I get a whole screen of IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController + IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleSMC. Then it reboots Was working fine before...
  2. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

I've just updated to OC 0.6.5/Big Sur 11.1 and most things are working (BT, Intel Wifi, sleep (almost), icloud, etc. I do have some outstanding issues and wondering if the hivemind can advise: Sleep/wake appears to work from the UI, but fans/LEDs stay on and consumption only drops to about 75w...
  3. T

[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] KP on Big Sur install (first reboot)

EDIT: dumbass mistake, so I'll leave this here in case anyone else trips over it: I'd downloaded the wrong branch of the 17h Big Sur patches, and only spotted my mistake when I saw someone reference minkernel 20.99.99. D'uh. I'm trying to install Big Sur Beta 10 under OC 0.6.2 (clean build of...
  4. T

Nearly there - Video issues…

Opencore 0.6.0 build using: Asrock X570 Taichi/latest BIOS (3.2 IIRC) 3900X 2xSabrent PCIe 4 1TB SSDs 64GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4@3200MHz Sapphire Radeon VII Corsair RM850X PSU Corsair 570X RGB Case Mostly working very well, but I have: persistent stutter, audio sync and freezing issues on...
  5. T

X570 Mobo advice…

I'm planning a virtualised 3900X build under Catalina in order to test the water before lashing out on a Threadripper 3 system, so looking for advice on: appropriate X570 motherboards that support Thunderbolt 3 & at least 2 M.2 NVMe slots I'm planning an Ubuntu host, so KVM/QEMU or Proxmox (or...
  6. T

Newbie…

Just joined, as part of research to build a multiboot Threadripper 3 machine - MacOS, Windows 10 & Ubuntu needed. Looks like I may be a little ahead of myself wrt support for 19h/TRX40 systems, and trying to decide if best to use three boot partitions after support becomes available or use...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.