Search results

1. T

6800XT upgrade from Radeon VII crashing

Braindead: w Many thanks - will look at that tomorrow, after deadline frenzy passes. I have dramatically improved things, simply by remembering to create a new PCI devices table, to replace the one I had for the Radeon VII and its PowerPlay entry. D'uh…
  2. T

Funnily enough, Asrock appears to have removed that facility in its latest UEFI (I had it set that way for the Radeon VII). However… …a couple of NVRAM resets and it's booting just fine. Just got the small issue of sleep still not working and a new one - every time it shuts down, it immediately...
  3. T

Ah, v useful, thanks - I was using agdpmod=pikera - hadn't come across the ignore switch before! Many thanks for that. Now it's simply going black screen for about two minutes after boot, then appears just fine. Any ideas? cheers and thanks again :D
  4. T

I've just swapped out my Radeon VII for a Sapphire 6800XT, having got OC0.7.0 stable under 11.4. Gets to the picker fine, boot process proceeds, then I get a whole screen of IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMeController + IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleSMC. Then it reboots Was working fine before...
  5. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

Thanks - now brushing up on my technical German - it was getting rusty!
  6. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

I'm not undervolting yet - wanted to get the basic pipeline working first. Is there a good canonical reference for Araguaia? (I'm wading through the thread on tonymac and it's a bit painful!)
  7. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

Thanks - that's given me about 20% extra for both Metal (66k) and OpenCL (50k), which takes me back to where I was under OC 0.6.4 under Big Sur 11.1. Still obvs way off your figures though - what Powerplay setup are you using (if any)?
  8. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

I removed SSDT-UIAC - hasn't made any notable difference - I do need to do a proper mapping exercise there, so no problem. I created a default Powerplay table and set it up under DeviceProperties - doesn't seem to have made any difference: OpenCL for Radeon VII seems to top out just over 40k...
  9. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

Thanks for that - i wasn't sure about the UIAC/USBPorts relationship. I'd successfully changed the Ethernet device to show as internal, but the first time I tried it with the drives, it didn't seem to make any difference. I'd been reading through the German forum, but hadn't spotted the...
  10. T

Tweaking OC 0.6.5

I've just updated to OC 0.6.5/Big Sur 11.1 and most things are working (BT, Intel Wifi, sleep (almost), icloud, etc. I do have some outstanding issues and wondering if the hivemind can advise: Sleep/wake appears to work from the UI, but fans/LEDs stay on and consumption only drops to about 75w...
  11. T

[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] KP on Big Sur install (first reboot)

Those are the release versions - note that, although updated yesterday for new Ryzens, the release notes don't reference Big Sur, although the instructions do. The Experimental patches, which were the ones to use up until now with Big Sur are at...
  12. T

This is the link that worked for me - previously I'd been thinking that I'd pulled the right version but was in fact pointing at the release versions: https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/experimental-opencore/17h HTH
  13. T

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta 1

But Bluetooth (built-in Intel) is being a real pain - have to zap the preferences file every time I log in. No such issue on Catalina. Anyone else?
  14. T

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta 1

Had to try the download a few times - Software Update would appear to download, then do nothing. Finally got there and upgrade was painless, except that now Bluetooth is less reliable than ever: takes about a minute to come on, or even may require the preferences plist deleting. After that, it's...
  15. T

Yep - that though was relatively easy to diagnose. I thought it might just apply to the initial install, but turns out that it needs to be disabled all the time.
  16. T

Big SUR et OC0.62

+1 - I just had exactly this problem until I realised that I'd downloaded the wrong branch of the 17h patches.
  17. T

EDIT: dumbass mistake, so I'll leave this here in case anyone else trips over it: I'd downloaded the wrong branch of the 17h Big Sur patches, and only spotted my mistake when I saw someone reference minkernel 20.99.99. D'uh. I'm trying to install Big Sur Beta 10 under OC 0.6.2 (clean build of...
  18. T

X570 Mobo advice…

thanks for picking up on this - I'm replying from the machine I built :) 3900X/X570 Taichi. Working well under quad-boot (Ubuntu, Win10, Catalina & Big Sur), with the only issue being occasional BIOS resets when starting from cold, and a reluctance to work with the memory clock set to that of...
  19. T

Opencore bootloader disappeared in BIOS after BIOS updating

I'm getting exactly the same: i had Catalina & Ubuntu co-existing happily via Opencore, then I installed Windows - the Trump of operating systems - on a new partition on the same SSD as Ubuntu. It reset the UEFI, wiped out the Ubuntu install, and tried to eat the EFI folder. Fortunately, I'd...
  20. T

Radeon VII - Missing HEVC HW Acceleration

Bump? Exactly the same issue: using MacPro7,1 + RadeonVII (Asrock X570 Taichi/3900X), with iMessages etc all working nicely.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.