Search results

1. eduard0

John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

I seemingly solved my woes. Conclusion: I am both dumb and blind. Installing the 0.8.5 EFI above onto my Ventura installer is working immediately (as it should). Last two digits of algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches are 09, NOT 00 for kernel 21.0.0+. I totally missed that in my EFI...
  2. eduard0

That’s one of John’s EFIs from this thread with my Generic data filled out and the appropriate core count. Am I missing something? Are there supposed to be more steps to configuring the EFI than what’s listed here and in AudioGod’s thread? Even using my known good EFI from Big Sur the same...
  3. eduard0

G'day John, I'm having a bit of a weird one. Upgrading from 0.7.9 to any of the EFIs here works fine on Big Sur (11.6) after I've added my necessary changes (ROM, Airport kext, etc), but when I try to upgrade to Monterey, it either totally crashes the installer inside of Big Sur, or hangs with...
  4. eduard0

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Hey AG, I noticed a few pages back you mentioned that BigNavi work better with WhateverGreen disabled. What kind of differences have you found it's made?
  5. eduard0

AMD Adobe Fixes

Do these work on the latest releases? I've been running my system on Windows but it makes my heart hurt how bad this OS is, so I think it's time to try the hack again. Last time I had my system like 98% stable, but Photoshop would randomly freak out and crash on me without warning.
  6. eduard0

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Truthfully, I’m not 100%. By the time I got it going, I’d taken 2 of the 4 sticks of RAM out and reseated the other two, turned off the DOCP so the RAM was only running at 2133MHz, I’d forced the PCIe and NVMe to all have Gen3 links, and had rebuilt the installer fresh from the native one...
  7. eduard0

After messing about in the BIOS for a bunch of hours and trying all sorts of stuff, I eventually cracked the nut it seems. I haven’t tested stability or installed anything yet, but… it’s definitely a Hackintosh!
  8. eduard0

I tried with that and no luck either. So far yours is the only EFI I’ve even been able to actually get to do anything, so it’s definitely on the right track. Am I able to PM you my actual parts list (ie. actual stock codes etc) for you to see if there’s anything that sticks out? I’ve reached...
  9. eduard0

No love unfortunately, still the same error. I tried with a new USB of a different size and brand and a freshly downloaded install DMG. It’s quite baffling really. How stable is Monterey? As long as I can use Photoshop reasonably reliably I don’t mind any of the other stuff being a bit flaky...
  10. eduard0

Hey mate, using that I hit the same error as I was getting. I’m going to go grab some new USB drives in case this one is the issue.
  11. eduard0

I just want to make sure I’m not doing something stupid… which is entirely possible… :unsure: I’ve tried a few different versions of the EFI now (0.7.0, 0.7.1, 0.7.2) all modified as suggested and with the modifications that I could see needed to be made for my hardware. Trying to install Big...
  12. eduard0

Hey AudioGod, long time reader, first time poster. I'm about to dip my toes back into the world of Hackintoshing after using the real deal for the last 11 years so the majority of my build is pretty similar to yours. The awesome work you've done here has given me confidence, so thank you for all...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.