Search results

1. dz0rpw

Upgrade to Monterey not going to plan.

Well thanks to Timemachine, TrueNas and Proxmox...we are back up and running. I think I'll have to retry the Monterey update again...but plan a bit better and more time :) btw the re-install wouldn't work due to the volume showing as 12.x rather than the 11x I was recovering with. Thanks.
  2. dz0rpw

Well I gave it a try but it didn't work. I got to the point of selecting the installation volume and picked the now greyed out previous boot volume and got "The Operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.Buildinfo.preflight.error error 21.)". So I'm currently installing it onto another disk...
  3. dz0rpw

That was one of the first things I tried. Has no effect. I simply don't understand how upgrading OC and BS>Monterey on one drive can stop a known good external backup volume from booting. My firmware version is the same, the BIOS configuration is the same yet is hangs and then reboots.
  4. dz0rpw

Yes it's as the signature shows...Well that's bad news... Anyway I can reverse the upgrade and get out of this hole? As I stated I can't even boot the old faithful USB build. Something must have changed in the BIOS...I can't understand how an external device will no longer boot. I've made no...
  5. dz0rpw

I've gone through the process to try and upgrade from BigSir to Monterey but I'm struggling. So I updated Opencore to 7.5, removed the old Kernel patches and applied the new ones. Followed the instructions and changed the following values over: Replaced with 0C (for the 5900x) to 'B80C0000...
  6. dz0rpw

Hello all

Hi All, Quick introduction. I've been using a hackintosh since Lion but recently upgraded to an AMD 5900x and this seems to be the place to come for AMD related information and support...so here I am. I've been in the IT services industry for...ups..I'm getting old...about 30yrs so have seen...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.