Search results

1. Edhawk

Tutorial 🟢[EXPERIMENTAL] How I gain 30% to 40% more CPU performance with my macOS Sonoma 14.4 hackintosh. [EXPERIMENTAL]🟢

If you notice the CPU temps creeping up over time, you might want to think about adding a second fan to the CPU tower cooler. So you have two fans with the push and pull action, i.e. one either side working in tandem to dissipate the heat from the aluminium heatsink.
  2. Edhawk

Stuck on the prohibited sign

I've had a look at your USBMap.kext and found two ports under the XHC1 controller that are set with the wrong UsbConnector. See the screenshots below: Current USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist with two USB 3 ports set as Internal (255) Revised USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist with...
  3. Edhawk

AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

And? That doesn't automatically mean it is correct for your system. Do you have the exact same Bios version as the Opening Poster (OP)? Do you have the exact same CPU/GPU/case etc. as the OP? What changes/adaptations have you made to the EFI contents to take in to account any differences...
  4. Edhawk

I have cleaned up the config.plist you attached, i.e. removed unused/unnecessary entries that you don't need. As you don't have an AMD RX 6950 XT GPU I have removed the entry for the SSDT-RX6950XT.aml I don't know if you need the SSDT-CPUR.aml (check the spelling of this ACPI table as it is not...
  5. Edhawk

AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

The text at the bottom of the second image shows ACPI SSDT errors. You may have wrongly configured SSDT’s in your OC setup.
  6. Edhawk

Tutorial 🟢[EXPERIMENTAL] How I gain 30% to 40% more CPU performance with my macOS Sonoma 14.4 hackintosh. [EXPERIMENTAL]🟢

What is the temperature of the CPU during normal usage when the core count is doubled, compared to setting the correct core count? Does the CPU run hot? What type of thermal solution are you using, AMD stock fan/heatsink, All-in one cooler, large third party heatsink and fan(s)? Are the CPU...
  7. Edhawk

Stuck with macOS installation. Is it even possible?

Your Nvidia GPU isn’t supported in any version of macOS. So no it would be very painful to run macOS if you could install the OS. You need to replace the Nvidia GPU with a compatible AMD graphics card. See this link for compatible GPU...
  8. Edhawk

hi i have laptop asus tuf gaming a 15 i would to install mac os for school and development so can one help me to get efi my cpu is r5 7535hs

It won’t work. The AMD APU isn’t supported by NootedRed.kext. So you would never get graphics to work correctly, if you could install macOS.
  9. Edhawk

If the SSD is connected with a USB to SATA adapter then the same issue will be seen as it is the USB port not the drive causing the issue. If the SSD isn’t connected via a USB adapter, how is it connected? Have you tried using any of the other USB ports? Have you enabled the XhciPortLimit...
  10. Edhawk

Add the verbose boot argument and these two other boot args to your config.plist, so you see what is causing the kernel panic. Then post a photo of the screen here so we can help you. -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100
  11. Edhawk

You might want to have a read of this Hackintosh Anti-buyers Guide. # Storage
  12. Edhawk

The prohibited sign usually equates to an issue with the USB port you are using, i.e. macOS drops the USB port when control is handed over from the Bios. This is not an uncommon issue. You can either try swapping the USB pen drive to another USB port. Or try enabling the Kernel > Quirks >...
  13. Edhawk

SOLVED — Radeon 5700XT booting to black screen in Catalina

Well that is messed up! But at least you found a way to fix the issue. I have an Asus TUF Gaming B550M Plus/Ryzen 7 5700G/RX 5700 XT system running Ventura and Sonoma, and all I needed to do when upgrading the system from an RX 580 to a PowerColor RX 5700 XT was add the agdpmod=pikera boot...
  14. Edhawk

Try changing the current agdpmod=ignore boot argument in the config.plist to agdpmod=pikera. See if that helps with your RX 6600 dGPU and the black screen issue. Assumption is that you have changed the 'Replace' field in the first four AMD Kernel patches from 08 to 0C to match your 12-core...
  15. Edhawk

NVME not working on mini PC MF UM690

See this thread regarding the HX99G, there are a couple of EFIs for this system which you can use as a base for your machine. https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/amd-ryzen-r9-5900hx-6600m-install-monterey-kernel-panic.3343/post-23348
  16. Edhawk

Versatile and functional EFI for B650 AM5 motherboard (MSI, ASUS, NZXT), and it may work with X670

Hackintool isn’t a good choice for mapping AMD USB ports. Best option for AMD USB mapping is Corpnewt’s USBMap script. https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap Here is a guide for USBMap https://github.com/Mahasvan/UsbMapGuide
  17. Edhawk

Update from 14.4 to 14.4.1

I had to change the SecureBootModel entry on an Intel Skylake Hack that I wanted to update, it doesn’t have any WiFi/BT devices. This is a system that is used as a macOS server on my home network, it doesn‘t need WiFi or Bluetooth, plus it has a 10G PCIe network adapter.
  18. Edhawk

Ventura on a Firebat MN56 mini PC (Ryzen 5 5600H)

Which M.2 drives have you tried? Provide make and model identification for the two drives. Post a copy of your current EFI folder so we can see what you are using. I would also recommend you provide a copy of the system DSDT.aml, so we can see if the ACPI tables you are using are correct for...
  19. Edhawk

Versatile and functional EFI for B650 AM5 motherboard (MSI, ASUS, NZXT), and it may work with X670

Have you mapped your USB ports? Having a misconfigured or not having a custom USB ports configuration (kext) at all, is a common cause for Sleep/Wake/Reboot and Bluetooth issues in macOS. See this link for USB mapping in macOS. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/ Follow...
  20. Edhawk

Update from 14.4 to 14.4.1

I am happy to read you didn't have any issues with your macOS Sonoma update, but it has not been everyone else's experience. So saying it's not true is not correct. It just happens that you didn't encounter the same issues. It is hard to say if this was you being fortunate or did you have...
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.