Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and get support for running macOS on your AMD based computer..

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. Shaneee

New Forum Style

Hey guys. I've updated the forum style. This version is a bit more vibrant as I found the old one to be a bit stale after looking at it for so long :P If you come across any issues with it feel free to send me a message about it. Thanks, Shaneee
  2. Shaneee

Image Upload in Forum

Hello users. I've added a new feature to see how it goes. Your can now upload an image into your forum post instead of attaching one. This will upload your image to the AMD OS X image host ( https://img.amd-osx.com ) To do so simply click the Upload image button along side the Attach files...
  3. Shaneee

Happy New Year

I want to wish everyone at AMD OS X a happy new year. Hopefully 2021 is a better year and we can all look forward to it. Thanks, Shaneee
  4. Shaneee

Merry Christmas

To everyone that celebrates the holiday. I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Thanks, Shaneee
  5. Shaneee

Ryzen 5000 Series OpenCore Update

OpenCore required a small update to support the new AMD Ryzen CPUs. Unless you compile OC yourself then you'd normally need to wait till it's released. To save time I've compiled OC 0.6.4 RELEASE version with the included fix. Since things change between releases make sure your config isn't...
  6. Shaneee

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

7. Shaneee

GPU Performance Improved

Over the past few days we’ve been looking into why the GPU performance was lower on an AMD hackintosh and narrowed it down to one patch. After many tests and reboots we can now say the issue has been solved. Patches have been updated on the AMD OS X GitHub...
  8. Shaneee

Rebuild Big Sur Caches

If you've altered S/L/E or L/E to install a kext for some reason and need to rebuild the permissions / caches in Big Sur, note that it's different to previous versions of macOS. Enter these commands to accomplish this. sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755...
  9. Shaneee

macOS Big Sur is on AMD

Well it's here folks. macOS Big Sur on AMD. Thanks to Algrey for the base patches and NoOne for the Big Sur updates. Absolutely no support will be given for this for the time being as it's the very first beta and is understandably buggy and unstable...
  10. Shaneee

Sneak Energy

What is Sneak? Sneak is a low-calorie, sugar-free energy drink. We wanted to create a clean energy alternative that puts you in control. Available in powder or cans, just mix one scoop with water or grab a can for on-the-go and enjoy a powerful, sustained energy boost. We also packed Sneak with...
  11. Shaneee

Clover Experimental Patches for 10.13.x, 10.14.x and 10.15.x

Experimental Patches for Clover booting from all versions of 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 These patches are for testing only. AMD OS X still recommends you use OpenCore to boot your hackintosh. No support will be given to a system having issues booting if the issue is related to a bootloader issue...
  12. Shaneee

Change CPU name on Catalina

I've only tested this on 10.15.5. Mount System Read/Write sudo mount -uw / Change language path to reflect your locale. en_GB.lproj Create a backup and copy file to Desktop sudo cp -Rf...
  13. Shaneee

10.15.5 Released

Apple today released macOS Catalina 10.15.5, the fifth update to the ‌macOS Catalina‌ operating system that was released in October 2019. ‌macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.5 comes two months after the launch of ‌macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.4, which introduced Screen Time Communication Limits. Current OpenCore...
  14. Shaneee

Mount And Access Efi Partition On Macos / Windows / Linux

Credit to @XLNC
  15. Shaneee

The New AMD OS X

Welcome to the New AMD OS X I've taken the decision to start the forum a fresh. The main reason for this is to clean it up. There are alot of dead topics and outdated information on the old forum. With this fresh start I hope to keep this version tidier and better moderated. The old version...
  16. Shaneee

SMCAMDProcessor.kext

XNU kernel extension for power management and monitoring of AMD processors. Also comes with a plugin for VirtualSMC to export readings to other applications. Please note that this release is at very initial stage of development, make sure you have a proper backup of your EFI folder and never...
  17. Shaneee

AMD Adobe Fixes

Below you'll find a list of the AMD Adobe commands to fix some applications. Usage: Open terminal and run the below commands as required. Note: File path changes in each version release. So if the file is not found you can find the specified file manually and replace the path in the below...
  18. Shaneee

Forum Rules

General: English only. (Google Translate may be used.) Be kind and courteous to others. Try not to get political as this can cause arguments. No swearing. Keep it clean. No discussion of warez at all. No discussion of alcohol or tobacco. No 18+ Adult material. The staff's decision is final...
  19. Shaneee

Shaneee's RyzenPro - 5600X, RX 480

Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.x - Windows 10 Pro CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-5600X-12-Thread-Processor/dp/B08166SLDF/ Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus - https://www.amazon.com/MSI-X570-Gaming-Plus-Motherboard/dp/B07T5QDRFX/ RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz -...
  20. Shaneee

Useful Tutorial Links

Below is a list of useful tutorial links related to both AMD OS X and Hackintosh in general. OpenCore Desktop Guide - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ GPU Buyers Guide - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/ USB Map Guide -...