Search results

1. S

USB port mapping

Hi all. I have tried mapping my ports with hackintool but it leaves some ports behind that I want disabled (which I did remove) which I believe is what is causing sleep to not work. So my questions is, what is the best way to map / remove USB ports on AMD? I believe this is the last thing I need...
  2. S

Big Sur Beta 10

I thought I had sleep working but it woke up pretty soon after sleep, not instantly though. What did you do to fix sleep? What’s your hardware?
  3. S

Clover Experimental Patches

So far we have had success on 1 threadripper system and 1 X570 system adopting kernel patches into Clover, so the mags are fitting but need an alignment. What we do need is a larger showroom of people willing to test / adopt / help. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. S

Big Sur Beta 10

Please share your EFI. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. S

Big Sur Beta 10

Updated 10 Beta 10 just fine.
  6. S

Because I and a lot of others prefer the way clover handles operating systems other than macOS. Not everyone has the skills / knowledge to stop the boot camp effect that OC pushes into other operating systems. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. S

I could not find an appropriate gif to say what needs to said so I’ll leave it alone and hope for some more intelligent replies. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

Yes on Intel as reported by other users, I have booted into the install screen but no further as I didn’t need to install. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. S

Hi all, I’m putting a call out to see if anyone has the skills/knowledge to convert the latest experimental patches for OpenCore to Clover. I and others am working with Clover devs on insanelymac to get Big Sur booting on AMD with Clover with OpenCore integration but I feel the OC patches may...
  10. S

AMD Patched DSDT

As the title suggest, should we patch our DSDT as per normal like on a intel hack? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. S

Problems with upgrading to Big Sur

Hold ctrl and press enter/return on the entry you would like as “default” Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. S

SMCAMDProcessor.kext

trulyspinach has updated his repo and now AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext works with Big Sur. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. S

Big Sur Beta 6

Successful clean install.
  14. S

Creating a list of working motherboard and gpu models

New Bios for Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.1/1.2) F30a Update AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1 for New Gen AMD Ryzen processors support I’ll update later and report back. Updated just fine, bios F20a both Big Sur and Catalina boot and both recoveries. When I get more time I’ll test the installer...
  15. S

Need help with this error.

Has nothing to do with your USB ports or ssdt’s. You have an issue in your config.plist. Ocvalidate it or opencore.slowgeek. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. S

Creating a list of working motherboard and gpu models

I had to roll back to F12 on my machine to get rid of the garbled welcome screen. I’ll try updating to the latest again (F22) and report back. If needed I’ll change config.plist to the before mentioned settings if needed and post back. With the attached EFI i can boot macOS Big Sur beta 5 (and...
  17. S

SMCAMDProcessor.kext

I’m getting a kernel panic in Big Sur beta 5 from AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext Is this a known issue or something on my end? Everything works great in Catalina. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. S

First Ryzentosh

So I downloaded Catalina, setup my USB drive, got stuck, got past it and booted the installer fine until the install screen. RX 580 macPro7,1 smbios, GPU works fine on windows. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. S

First Ryzentosh

Thanks for that, this isn’t my first hack just my first AMD hack. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. S

First Ryzentosh

So as the title states I have finally finished building my first Ryzen based PC. It’s taken a while to get parts plus 2 faulty motherboards but it’s finally done, for now. So I am wondering if I should go straight for Big Sur or Go with Catalina first? If I go with Catalina where is the best...