Search results

1. agent2

Messed up my triple boot attempt. How to fix that?

Hey guys, I had a lot of problems a couple of weeks back getting Windows installed via triple boot on my 2TB NVMe SSD. Now that I have only macOS and Linux running on it I dug up a 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD and installed Windows on that while having the M.2 SSD uninstalled from my System...
  2. agent2

Which tools and apps to recommend for Ryzentosh maintenance?

Hey everybody, I've been running my working 0.5.9 Ryzentosh for a while now and I've been reluctant to upgrade my version. Scouring through the Web I have seen countless apps and tools that people use to update their Clover and OpenCore versions and their kexts and so on... I was wondering...
  3. agent2

PCI section of system report application not showing anything

Hi everybody, I have the following problem: I've seen many Hackintoshers show off their system and their PCIe peripherals by going into their PCI section of the system report app and showing their e. g. GPU, networking NICs and other. How does one do that? I've never seen anything pop up...
  4. agent2

Gigabyte B550 Vision D receives Thunderbolt 3 certification!

Hi Hackintosh community, the very new Gigabyte Vision D motherboard, which sports a very handy Intel Titan Ridge IC has been given official Thunderbolt 3 certification by Intel. Here the report from Techpowerup...
  5. agent2

[SUCCESS] Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Formula, PowerColor RX 5700XT Red Devil, OC 0.5.9., macOS 10.15.6

My build: - CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula - GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700XT Red Devil - RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver - SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4 - CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum - PSU: Corsair AX850 -...
  6. agent2

Afterburner on Ryzen?

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone has been able to get Apple’s Afterburner PCIe card working on their Ryzentosh and if it actually works. I know you would only get half the bandwidth on Ryzen as you would be doing the PCIe bifurcation thing (x8/x8) but on Ryzen Threadripper one could...
  7. agent2

Kext for Aquantia AQC111C 5Gbit LAN NIC?

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone was developing a kext for the 5Gbit Aquantia AQC111C LAN chip found on the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula and the (non-AMD) Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II. I have the former and after some digging I only found one thread on the German Hackintosh forum about...
  8. agent2

Kext for 5Gbit Aquantia AQC111C LAN NIC?

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone was developing a kext for the 5Gbit Aquantia AQC111C LAN chip found on the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula and the (non-AMD) Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II. I have the former and after some digging I only found one thread on the German Hackintosh forum about...
  9. agent2

New ASUS Thunderbolt 3 Add-In-Card released for B550(/Z490/B460)!

Hey everybody, I saw the announcement yesterday that ASUS released a new TB3 AIC which features a very familiar configuration of two mDPs and two TB3 ports, but funnily enough they don't use the normal 5-pin cable to header we usually see on ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI boards. This thing has a...
  10. agent2

Trying out Hackintoshing a Ryzen Laptop

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has successfully tried to install OS X on a Zen+/Zen 2 laptop with a discrete Radeon GPU? Until now there has only been the MSI Alpha model with a 3700H/4800H with the RX 5500M that seemed like the only sensible option, but now Dell is releasing the G5...
  11. agent2

Request for updated GPU buyers guide

Hi there, I was flying through the Hackintosh GPU buyers guide and the author explicitly mentions some AIBs to avoid such as PowerColor and XFX. What I found confusing was that when naming the models from the respective AIB to avoid they are older Vega or Polaris versions and not Navi...
  12. agent2

Radeon Pro VII announced! (Multi-GPU is back!)

Hi everyone, I saw the announcement of AMD's upcoming Radeon Pro VII a week back and I am really excited what that card has to offer! This card is literally a consumer version of the Radeon Instinct MI50 just like the Radeon VII and the best bit is that is also sports the Infinity Fabric...
  13. agent2

New B550 motherboards! (ALL with Thunderbolt!)

Hey there, I just saw the announcement of the new B550 motherboards where the AIBs showed off their flagships which were decked with awesome features. What I also noticed is that the Gigabyte and ASRock models are sporting TB3 headers! This is really exciting as there are now budget-friendly...
  14. agent2

Better late than never

Hello together, I am planning to build a Ryzentosh next month and want to support the community. I am also a big supporter of the group who wants to get Thunderbolt working properly on Ryzen and have posted a few threads with questions about them. But I hope I can be a big help here in the...
  15. agent2

New AMD OS X tutorial for VMs (QEMU/ProxMox etc.)?

Hey there, As the community is growing so rapidly as more users adopt Ryzen, there are some people who own Zen 2 Threadrippers and also would like to use OS X. As there are no native kernel patches out (currently), and the only answer is to run OS X in a Virtual Machine, could you guys post an...
  16. agent2

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk with Thunderbolt 3?

Hey there, I was looking through the specs of the newly released MSI X570 Tomahawk motherboard and noticed it has a 5-pin TB3 header with an Intel RTD3 header. In the manual of it it said TB3 would only work with RTD3. Does anybody know what that means? I really think this motherboard has the...
  17. agent2

TRX40/THREADRIPPER 3000 RYZENTOSH WITH THUNDERBOLT 3 IN QEMU/VM?

This was an old post I wrote on the old forum which didn't gain any traction though, don't know why: Hey there, I was thinking a lot about Threadripper Hackintoshes and the inability of the Zen 2 TRs of running OS X (for now), and it came to me: Could you run OS X in a VM (be it Linux with...