Search results

1. Bansaku

Ryzen hackintosh USB hell. :(

Uhm, by "the fact that most other USB sound devices have sketchy to garbled output", do you mean ones that you have tested or wide-spread reports by other users, because of it's the latter it's the first I have read about it. No issues with my Aorus X570 Elite with ZERO USB patching all USB...
  2. Bansaku

Change CPU name on Catalina

Well, I copied over the whole damn AppleSystemInfo.framework folder over from my back-up OC system and... I still have nothing displayed under System Info. Funny thing is in OC the CPU is reported as Intel i5 3.60 GHz. I am guessing this fix only works with OC?
  3. Bansaku

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

Regardless if the ITE device controls RGB or not, I can confirm that with all of my Unicorn vomit enabled my system will sleep just fine... if I unplug all of the USB devices. I can also confirm that sleep works even without disabling ITE Device (8595) AND without any SSDT for USB (ie mapping)...
  4. Bansaku

English (Canada)
  5. Bansaku

Uhm, how do I find out which one is loaded? :LOL:
  6. Bansaku

Project - AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Thanks for the tip, and I know I know. It's been far too long since I have had to edit by hand (let alone AMD) and my mind is turning to mush trying to figure out how to mash things together.
  7. Bansaku

@Aluveitie I checked out the EFI folder on Github. I threw in SSDR-X570-Vega64-slot1.aml and now pci-bridge has been renamed! This is great as entering "pci-bridge" is not allowed in the DSDT/SSDT without compile errors due to bad syntax. Performance has gone up slightly (like 3000pts in GB for...
  8. Bansaku

GUIDE: OpenCL & Metal performance increase on 5700xt

Glad you got things working, however the video is utterly useless as there is no option for subs and the ones that are hard coded are obviously not English.
  9. Bansaku

@Shaneee By chance could you post an un-edited Processors.strings? Before I read this post (and the one on the old forum) I had gone here and did the command. However it did not work; Instead of unknown it's now blank. I am hoping if I throw an original processors.strings back in and do the...
  10. Bansaku

R7 3700X | Aorus X570 Elite | Gigabyte RX Vega 64 | 10.15.5 | Clover 5118

Fantastic! Glad I could help. Are you using X570 Elite? Yes, I built the EFI folder from scratch. What I did first was head over here and downloaded the Clover EFI as a test. From there I took a look at what my system needed and what was not. Next, I basically installed standard Clover for EFI...
  11. Bansaku

I read from the creator of the Kext in the threads OP that all Vega support was dropped due to it messing with the fan spin; The SSDT method (from both what I have read and witnessed on my old system) does not have this issue. Have there been new developments?
  12. Bansaku

R7 3700X | Aorus X570 Elite | Gigabyte RX Vega 64 | 10.15.5 | Clover 5118

Heyas folks, just thought that I would share my success story! I had been using a rock solid i7 3770K Z77X-UD5H system for the past 8 years but decided to switch to Team Red after the boot loaders now patch AMD CPUs on-the-fly as they do Intel. My first ever Hackintosh back in the day was an...
  13. Bansaku

With pleasure. DSDT ripped using latest MaciASL.
  14. Bansaku

10.15.5 Released

Updated without issue from Software Update using Clover 5118. No vital Kexts needed updating and all is good!
  15. Bansaku

Hello everyone! After reading many of the great success stories here at AMD OS X I started to see a repeating pattern plaguing essentially all of us. No, not USB and sleep (some day!) rather poor OpenCL and Metal performance, especially with Catalina. Well, I think I have found an answer and...
  16. Bansaku

Adobe 2020 apps no working.

Either she is full of it, or there is indeed something special with Threadripper. It is odd that disabling MMX is a workaround as the Zen platform has MMX(+) support so a part of me says it's the former.
  17. Bansaku

Ryzen 7 3700X | Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ | Catalina

I am confused. You say sleep is broken, yet you say that after a hard-reset sleep works as normal? Edit: Do you use RGB at all?
  18. Bansaku

Ryzen 7 3700X | Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ | Catalina

You have the same board I have. Try replacing your ACPI folder with mine and see how things are. For the front panel headers I use USB 1 and USB3 1. P.S. Is sleep working for you?