Search results

1. Edhawk

OPENCORE OCB:Startimage Failed Aborted

Your Nvidia RTX 2070 is not supported in any version of macOS. So even were you to boot to the installer it would never work well with your current graphics card. Have a look a the GPU buyers guide. Nvidia - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/nvidia-gpu.html AMD: -...
  2. Edhawk

AMD 760k

If the GT 710 uses the GK208 chip then it doesn't need any Nvidia boot flags. It will work with the Drivers provided by Apple in macOS up to and including Big Sur 11.6.8, with a Kepler series Nvidia card.
  3. Edhawk

gigabyte aorus x570 elite random lock-ups and multiple reboots on startup

This is bad advice. Do what is recommend in the guides, configure the USB ports correctly.
  4. Edhawk

FX + m5a97 r2.0 + r9 380x

Yes it will run macOS newer than High Sierra. Have a look at this success story post for a similar FX system. https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/success-asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0-fx-8350-nvidia-gtx-690-oc-0-7-6-big-sur-11-6-2-monterey-12-1.2400/
  5. Edhawk

Big Sur hackintosh OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted

No, you can't.
  6. Edhawk

gigabyte aorus x570 elite random lock-ups and multiple reboots on startup

You need to look at the following issues: You are using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS data, MacPro7,1 SMBIOS might be a better match with your setup. RestrictEvents.kext helps MacPro7,1 SMBIOS with memory and CPU name, not iMacPro1,1 or MacPro6,1 SMBIOS systems. You have a few common options for an AMD...
  7. Edhawk

Big Sur hackintosh OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted

Sorry, but your Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics are not supported in macOS. Never have been and never will be supported. You need a system with a discrete graphics card that is compatible with macOS. For a laptop to run macOS that means it needs an RX5000 or RX6000 series dGPU, and even then...
  8. Edhawk

I can't figure out what is stopping the download in any way (OpenCore 0.8.3)

Not while in Beta phase. This will probably be done once the first major release has been delivered. There is no point doing this and publishing a method as Apple may change something that breaks the way the kexts work in a subsequent beta release.
  9. Edhawk

Unable to change install Language

Good to hear that. Hackintool is primarily Intel focused, with some Fresco Logic and ASMedia ports showing. Most old AMD USB chipset ports don't show in Hackintool, until a USB configuration has been created. I tried mapping the USB ports on my FX system with Hackintool, it wasn't fun and...
  10. Edhawk

AMD 760k

You might want to look at this EFI I created for an FX system, as it uses the 15H setup too. https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/success-asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0-fx-8350-nvidia-gtx-690-oc-0-7-6-big-sur-11-6-2-monterey-12-1.2400/
  11. Edhawk

Good to see you have macOS installed. Yeah that's not surprising, the older HD7000 series AMD cards aren't supported in Ventura. Apple have removed the drivers for these older cards. The HD7000 series are supported in Monterey and earlier. I have a couple of HD7870 dGPU's that behave the...
  12. Edhawk

Shaneee's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING - OpenCore EFI

@daovietchung You were missing the boot argument agdpmod=pikera which is require for the RX6000 series dGPU. Try this cleaned up config.plist in place of your current one.
  13. Edhawk

There is an entry at the bottom of the config.plist - UEFI > Quirks > ReleaseUSBOwnership, which is set as Enabled/True. This could be toggled to Disabled/False to see if that helps with your USB ports. UEFI > Quirks > ReleaseUSBOwnership
  14. Edhawk

Which SSDT? You only have two SSDT's in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder - SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml. Neither of those SSDT's are going to adversely affect your USB ports. The SSDT-XOSI.aml is from Rehabman's OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master folder. This can be removed and the companion ACPI...
  15. Edhawk

AMD 760k

That is a Richland series CPU, which is based on the Piledriver module with 4-cores. It is from the 15H series of CPU’s so can run macOS Big Sur quite well, at least the system I have does. You need to follow the Dortania AMD 15H guide and use the latest AMD Kernel patches...
  16. Edhawk

I’m not sure what else to suggest.
  17. Edhawk

Sorry the download has stalled for me too. Not sure why, but I had a similar issue with someone else's EFI when trying to download it. Maybe @Shaneee can tell us what is happening with the site hosting and downloads. I've sent you a PM with a link to the EFI on my OneDrive.
  18. Edhawk

I've installed hackintosh, but have some troubles

No, you can't use that Nvidia graphics card. It has never been supported in macOS. So you can't fix the laggy graphics or increase the amount of RAM available to the GPU. Realtek WiFi cards are not supported in macOS. Broadcom are natively supported and Intel with use of IntelWireless kexts...
  19. Edhawk

Do you know if the RX550 uses a Baffin or Lexa core? If it uses the Baffin core it will work with macOS. If it uses the Lexa core then it won't. The most recent OpenCore boot log/text shows some useful information about your setup, but not any specific reason for the installation not to work...
  20. Edhawk

Firefox quitting inexpectually , USB 3.2 X 2 works ?

No idea why FireFox would quit unexpectedly. Yes, USB3.2 Gen2 ports work in macOS. They just need to be activated in your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext. Otherwise they are like any USB3 port. They need to be set with the Connector Type USB3 (3) in the kext, same as any other USB3 port.
Top Bottom