Search results

1. DancingShinryu

Problem with my 1st Hackintosh

I only seem to have 1 issue I can find. When I go and select system update. It doesn’t actual give me any results. The loading wheel just keeps spinning. But in system preferences, it tells me there is 1 update. Edit: I resolved the problem. I’m so wrapped in this Hackintosh. It has...
  2. DancingShinryu

@Middleman I just made a couple small changes, then I got an issue on boot. I will upload my EFI and a screenshot from my phone. Everything was great until I added some fixes that worked before and I updated some kexts versions. https://img.amd-osx.com/i/RREg Edit: I resolved the issue. It...
  3. DancingShinryu

I have my Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard Paired via bluetooth and my mouse, though I suspect I best use the Unifying Receiver dongle during the option to boot from windows or Mac. I suspect it won't have connectivity there, but will test that now.
  4. DancingShinryu

I have had good speed ethernet for over an hour now. I am happy to continue to use Ethernet, so at least this is fall back option
  5. DancingShinryu

Wi-Fi is able to be toggled, but scanning networks does not show any results. The BT is also enabled but no scanning either. I’m suspecting this issue might be because I am using the onboard wifi and BT. I’m able to get Ethernet, but haven’t seen yet if it does out after a little while. I’m...
  6. DancingShinryu

I let it run overnight and it resolved. Big Sur is now installed. I haven’t checked Wi-Fi or BT yet. I will be in approx 1 hour.
  7. DancingShinryu

@Middleman i am stuck at that “one minute remaining issue again” I might need to download Big Sur again and try it again.
  8. DancingShinryu

I believe the black screen I’m seeing is from a failed boot into the installer. It’s only a guess. I’ve rebooted back into the installer and it’s showing 29 minutes remaining.
  9. DancingShinryu

I’m installing Big Sur now with the latest download version that is on the open core website. I ran into some problems, but I found the culprit. I forgot that I needed to put the SmallTree kext back in and remove the other for the internet connection to work. I should know within the next 30...
  10. DancingShinryu

I am currently trying to download the full install file for Monterey 13. There does not appear to be a full install option for it. I also tried looking for Big Sur in the list, that also isn't there. I am seeking the full install, as I have never created a USB install that uses gibMacOS files. I...
  11. DancingShinryu

I did try installing Big Sur onto another hard drive to see how that would be, but I appear to get stuck with a non responsive screen and then I need to reboot, which then begins an the install all over again. Is it ok to be using the previous supplied EFI for Big Sur.
  12. DancingShinryu

Thank you for confirming this. I have been reading up on some of the issues. The good thing is, I have 2 available wifi/bt cards I can install. The question is, if it is worth doing? I had tried removing the Wi-Fi nexts and it seemed to allow my Ethernet port take priority and allow it a good...
  13. DancingShinryu

The internet is great for a random period of time. Sometimes I can get 30 minutes of internet, then for some reason, it just dies. It is still connected but the web browser won’t load anything anymore. The only fox I found was to do a restart. I thought it was my home internet yo begin with, but...
  14. DancingShinryu

I am able to boot from either in a very easy way. I am still having an issue with the Bluetooth though. Even though I can turn it on, it does not detect anything.
  15. DancingShinryu

I apologise. There was so many added EFI in replies, I got lost. I added the missing kexts and added them to the config file. It has had an effect but as to how much, I can’t say properly. My home internet has just started going crazy just when I needed it. Speeds dropping to 5 mbps then jumping...
  16. DancingShinryu

I seem to have a problem with my wi-fi and bluetooth. I cannot seem to activate either of them. Although the system picks up my Bluetooth keyboard, it is not enabling bluetooth and I cannot seem to enable wi-fi either. I was just looking at a video that had me download a intel wi-fi fix, but...
  17. DancingShinryu

I seem to be stuck at “1 minute remaining” again. Last time I got this, when I rebooted, it became 29 minutes remaining and then gets stuck at 1 minute remaining again. Rebooting doesn’t seem to help and the last time I had this, I left it on all night long and it still didn’t correct itself...
  18. DancingShinryu

Everything was going great, but it appears my internet dropped out. Even though I’m using Ethernet connection, it is running through a Power over Ethernet adapter. So it still relies on wifi. I’ve began the install again and hopefully it will download ok, but I wanted to check if there is anyway...
  19. DancingShinryu

YIPPPEEEE!!! WE are rolling. Well, so far, so good. We are currently installing with 58 minutes to go.
  20. DancingShinryu

Oh I forgot to add the new kext and remove the Intel. Oops. Thanks
Top Bottom