Search results

1. madvinegar

Replacing sata SSD with Nvme

Hi! My rig can be seen in my signature. I will replace my sata samsung ssd with a samsung 980 Nvme. Do I need to add any specific kext for the nvme to be recognized and work normally in Big Sur or there is no need for a specific kext? Many thanks!
  2. madvinegar

Fix DRM for Netflix (Safari) and Apple TV

Hello to all. The details of my system can be found in my signature below. I am on Big Sur 11.5.1 with SmBios iMacPro1.1 (and opencore 0.71) I cannot get the DRM to function properly. Netflix can only be used in Chrome. When I use Safari I get a red screen (but I can hear the sound). In appleTV...
  3. madvinegar

Intermittent Slow Boots [SOLVED]

Hello to all of you. Details of my built can be found in my signature below. I am getting intermittently slow boot times, more frequently at cold boots. It does not happen all the time. Some times it boots very fast, and some other times it needs 5 minutes to boot. I have got a boot log from...
  4. madvinegar

Weird power issue.

I am experiencing a very strange bug. The specs of my system can be found at my signature. When I leave the PC shut down for some time (i.e. for more than an hour), next time I boot it up, it freezes half way the apple logo boot screen. I have to close the PC by either holding down the power...
  5. madvinegar

ASROCK FATAL1TY X370

Hi! Is the Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard Ryzentosh friendly? How about the usb ports? Is everything working OK? Link: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming-ITXac/ Thank you!
  6. madvinegar

Big Sur Public Beta - iCloud error

This is the message I get when trying to connect to iCloud with my Apple ID. Anyone else experiencing the same thing in Public Beta? I believe it must be a bug. Other than that, I can connect normally to the app store and to my apple ID. It is just the iCloud that has the problem. And it just...
  7. madvinegar

Video Benchmarks of my Ryzen 5 2600 + RX 5700 XT

As the title says, maybe some of you are interested in benchmarks for the RX 5700 XT and the Ryzen 5 2600. Enjoy.
  8. madvinegar

How do I get into safe mode with OC from the bootloader menu?

Does anyone know how to get into safe mode (or insert any other boot args) from the opencore bootloader menu screen? I know I can add boot args when I have already booted into the desktop (using opencore configurator or propertree etc), but how can I add any boot args at the boot menu? I tried...
  9. madvinegar

Rx5700xt mouse lag fix/workaround

I think I may have found a workaround/fix for the mouse lag that happens when you install an RX5700xt GPU (or any Navi GPU) in Catalina. Just go to settings > mouse and set the tracking speed and scrolling speed all the way down to the lowest option. In case you need to change the speed of the...
  10. madvinegar

[Success] Ryzen 5 2600 + RX5700xt, OC 0.59 Catalina 10.5.5

This is an update to this build. I changed the GPU from rx590 to rx5700xt. I renamed my project to "Project Blue" due to the blue fans I added. Let me know if you like it. :) So the new details are the following: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Mobo: Asrock B450m hdv r4.0 Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB...
  11. madvinegar

RX5700xt Catalina choppy mouse

Anyone else experiencing this problem in Catalina with RX5700xt? The mouse pointer sometimes "jumps" and the movement is choppy. I had no such problem when I had the rx590. Any solution?
  12. madvinegar

rx5700xt best kexts, arguments and settings

Any owner of the rx5700xt can help please? What are the best kexts, settings and arguments I have to set to get the most out of the card? I seem to be getting much lower benchmark results compared to when I run the card in windows. Thanks!
  13. madvinegar

rx5700xt - npci or above4g?

Hello there! Hope everyone is well and safe. I just replaced my GPU with an rx5700xt. (I previously had an rx590) Apart from various problems I had during installation (I had to use a boot argument to stop the dedicated gpu in order to boot, otherwise I would get kernel panic during the 2nd...
  14. madvinegar

[Success] Ryzen 5 2600 + RX590, OC 0.59 Catalina 10.5.5

I had success building a very stable Hackintosh PC, using the following parts: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Mobo: Asrock B450m hdv r4.0 Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB DDR4-2667MHz Gpu: Sapphire Nitro Plus RX590 8gb Psu: Be-quiet 600watt Wifi Card: PCIe Archer T6E Coolling: Corsair H61 Storage: SSD 240...
  15. madvinegar

Hello from Greece

A big hello to all of you. I was always very interested in computers and operating systems. I am using windows, Linux and Mac. I have built many intel Hackintosh machines with clover, but it is the first time I built a Ryzen Hackintosh, and the first time I used Opencore. Opencore is more...
  16. madvinegar

SOLVED - USB mapping for Asrock b450m-hdv r4.0

Hello and good day to you all. I have made a successful build with the following parts: Mobo: Asrock b450m-hdv r4.0 Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600 Ram: 16gb Kingston 2666mhz Gpu: Sapphire RX 590 8gb Dual boot with windows (each operating system installed in different 240 SSDs) Opencore: version 0.59 I...
Top Bottom