Search results

1. R

Cannot install macOS Monterey 12.1 on MSI B550 edge wifi motherboard

On Dortania guide it says now that RX 6600 works with 12.1 BUT if you have an MSI board, I do not know if you can do 12.1 yet. Opencore GPU Support List
  2. R

Thoughts about RX 6500XT Working?

Good point, thanks!
  3. R

Thoughts about RX 6500XT Working?

Anybody have any insight if the RX 6500XT will work for Mac OS Monterey? I ordered 3 of them and would be nice to get it to work with Mac.
  4. R

Any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS boards

Yeah I remember there were people having issues with them, so thats why I thought to ask. Thank you. I am probably going to go with a Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 and decided to treat myself with a 9 9500X. If anyone had issues with running this mobo with Montery please let me know.
  5. R

Any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS boards

Does anyone know of any issues with MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS and or Ryzen 7 5800x? Wanting to build another box using this hardware.
  6. R

Upgraded to Ryzen 5 5600X, now most of my ports don’t work.

I am going to mess with it tomorrow. I am leaning towards issue with installation or CPU itself. I installed a water cooler, so possibly got some grease on a pin. I bought two of the 5600's and the one in the B550M board works great. I dont think it would be the usb map kext, I dont have one...
  7. R

No it even does it in windows, when using the usb map tool it shows that the USB ports are drawing too much power, to unplug something but nothing is plugged in. Googling it, it seems to be an issue with some x570 boards and 3rd gen ryzen s. AMD supposed to patch it late last year but people...
  8. R

I upgraded one of my boxes from a 5 3600 to a 5600x on a Gigabyte X570 Gaming X board. Now most of my USB ports are dead in Mac OS and windows. Been reading that this was an issue but should not be now but it is. Updated to latest bios, tried disabling c states and nothing. Anyone else having...
  9. R

X570 Integrated LAN and Bluetooth Issues

I had same issue with intel nic and wireless, but was able to get wireless and bt working but never got the intel nic working on monterey 12.1 so I purchased a cheap realtek pcie nic for $15 on amazon
  10. R

RX 5500XT Blank Screen Booting Monterey n ASRock A320M/AC

That was it, just had to add the boot arg.
  11. R

Monterey - Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H - Ryzen 7 1700 - RX 570 4G

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 GPU: RX 570 4G RAM: 16GB OLOy DDR4 3200 NVME: Plextor 256GB NIC: REALTEK WIFI: FENVI T919/BT4.0 Opencore: 7.6 MAC OS: MONTEREY 12.1 What's Working... Everything but Sidecar
  12. R

Monterey - Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H - Ryzen 5 3600 - RX 5500XT

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-320M-S2H CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: RX 5500XT 4G RAM: 16GB GEIL DDR4 3600 NVME: XPG SPECTRIX RGB S40G 256GB NVME NIC: REALTEK WIFI: INTEL Opencore: 7.6 MAC OS: MONTEREY 12.1 What's Working... Everything but Sidecar (Including Intel Wireless/Bluetooth)
  13. R

Can you identify this connector?

Yeah, I am thinking the same. I am hoping to get a cable, it’s the only thing not syncing with my rgb controller on this box. It’s a ibuypower machine with proprietary connections on the fans and controller too I think might be better just replacing fans and controller
  14. R

Can you identify this connector?

I have an enermax 240mm aio cooler and the pump has this type of connector on it can you tell me the name of this connector because I need to order one with this on both ends? Thanks.
  15. R

RX 5500XT Blank Screen Booting Monterey n ASRock A320M/AC

I have a RX 570 4GB that boots fine (on it now) and detects in About This Mac Correctly, however, when I swap out for the RX 5500XT 4GB, the screen goes black. Attached is my EFI, does anyone know if you still need AGP Mode Pikera Boot Flag for some ATI cards? If you could please look at my EFI...
  16. R

Monterey - ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - Ryzen 5 3600 - RX 570

Motherboard: ASROCK X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: RX 580 8GB RAM: 16GB PNY DDR4 3600 NVME: 500GB WD SN850 & WD SN730 256GB (For Windows 11) EXTERNAL NIC: CHEAP USB REALTEK GIGABYTE USB 3.0 (Intel Not Working with Monterey As Of Yet) WIFI: Fenvi T919 BCM94360CD AC1750 BT4.0...
  17. R

Ethernet Not Connecting Intel l211AT on ASRock X570 Gaming 4 - Monterey

I was gunna install a pcie rtl adapter but that might be a better option however. I did discover another issue, when I go to shutdown it reboots instead. Have you ever encountered that?
  18. R

Ethernet Not Connecting Intel l211AT on ASRock X570 Gaming 4 - Monterey

I see reading on SMALLTREEINTEL82576 github that there is an issue with some l211 NICS using the kext, it does not show connected nor pulling IP. I tried Intelmausiethernet.kext and it does not work. Anyone know of any work arounds or fixes? I attached the EFI in case there is something in there...
  19. R

Monterey full install

From what I have been reading, people with MSI boards have been having issues. I had some issues with my Gigabytpe board upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey, it turned out to be that there are new CPU patches for Monterey and newest opencore builds along with having to upgrade my bios to latest...
  20. R

Monterey - Gigabyte X570 Gaming X - Ryzen 5 3600X - RX 570

Update the EFI again, Shaneee just fixed an audio issue that was related to a patch that was in my config.plist
Top Bottom