Search results

1. I

[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

I was trying to boot the "Macintosh HD Installer disk" which contains the 1st part of the Monterey installation on a new USB drive (I ran the Monterey installer under Big Sur and then on the 1st reboot, I so far cannot boot to complete the next part of the installation). Of course, it will not...
  2. I

Memory Modules Misconfigured - Mac Pro 7,1 (Big Sur)

Maybe look at this post on how to set up DIMMs in OC. This will eliminate the error msg and give a proper Memory tab under the "About This Mac" menu item. Using RestrictEvents is separate matter and will restructure the Memory tab while removing the PCI tab.
  3. I

11.4 beta works but freezes after 15 minutes

Thanks! I saw your thread title and was having the exact same issue. I too removed the TB AIC on my TRX40 (the mobo does not natively support TB), and the freezing stopped.
  4. I

Memory Installation Fix for MacPro7,1 SMBIOS

I've finally figured out how to correctly use the Memory section in OC. I decided to work on this since I've now changed to using MacPro7,1 instead of iMacPro1,1 due to the former apparently being a better match for going forward with AMD 6x00XT GPUs. If you follow this guide carefully, you...
  5. I

[SUCCESS] Big Sur: Threadripper 3970X (32Core/64Threads) Asrock TRX40 Creator w/Thunderbolt 3

You might want to check out Fabiosun's thread here, where many of us have worked on the Threadripper since March, 2020. Adding MMIO data is a bit complicated. First, you have to run the Debug, not the Release, version of OpenCore to get the above text information, as well as change some...
  6. I

SNAZZY LABS RYZENSHINE BUILD WITH ASROCK X570 CREATOR PT 2.

Not exactly. There are presently no known patches for Threadripper 3960X-3970X-3990X CPUs. Instead, due to some work on another forum, some clever people are running these CPUs as a virtual machine (VM) under Proxmox. To get things working, you have to "pass through" the devices from the host...
  7. I

Yes. Yes, I got TB3 working on the GB Aorus Master (v1.1) with a flashed GB TR PCIe card. Attached is the SSDT file (you should input a new DROM, first row; if you're flashing, you should know how to do such things).
  8. I

The problem with TB on a mobo or on a PCIe card, is that will you may get some limited functionality out of the box, you will not see a fully functioning TB tree, nor will you see it activated under SystemInfo/Thunderbolt. To get these latter items, you'd need to flash a modified firmware...
Top Bottom