Search results

1. Aluveitie

The weirdest shit happened to me.

I have the same RX 6900 XT, USB does not seem to work on the USB-C port, might be DP only... Airportitlwm does in fact support Handoff on Intel Wifi, but not yet AirDrop or other features.
  2. Aluveitie

Hello from Lancashire, in the UK!

To monitor your CPU on MacOS you can use the kext and app from here: https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor I guess you didn't use any recent Intel CPUs then, they run with up to ~230W now in PL2 on the higher core counts... compare that to ~130W for a 16 Core Ryzen ;)
  3. Aluveitie

Gigabyte x570 AQRUS Xtreme Attempt(10.13 High Sierra) OpenCore 6.9 - Stuck

The sanity checker hasn't been updated for a few months now. The config.plist format must exactly match the OC version. You can use ocvalidate that comes with OC to verify it. Also make sure it is in the right place.
  4. Aluveitie

Any way to get iMessage working?

Most on AMD use either iMacPro1,1 (i here is important) or MacPro7,1. Some use MacPro6,1 due to their GPU.
  5. Aluveitie

Any suggestions for a budget graphics card that works with Catalina/Big Sur?

The 3600 has about 15% higher IPC and is a bit more advanced including support for PCIe gen 4
  6. Aluveitie

unable to enter the system after replacing the motherboard

With such an old card better disable Above 4G Decoding and add the npci=0x2000 boot arg
  7. Aluveitie

Please provide you full hardware list, that makes it easier to help. Some older GPUs don't handle Above 4G Decoding well for example. Maybe this is of help...
  8. Aluveitie

Any update to the OC Sanity Checker?

Ask him directly, all is in a GitHub repo: https://github.com/rlerdorf/OCSanity To verify the schema of the config.plist you can use ocvalidate which comes with OC.
  9. Aluveitie

Then verify your BIOS settings
  10. Aluveitie

ACPI paths are usually different between different models with the same chipset, sometimes even between different BIOS versions. Same for USB ports. CtlnaAHCIPort.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext are not needed on B550.
  11. Aluveitie

Switching from A320 to a B550 you basically have to redo your entire EFI
  12. Aluveitie

Changed from B450 I to A520 Motherboard plus Ryzen 3600 Gen 3 now stuck on Apple logo

I used a 7770 for some time and there was no UEFI support. I got it to work with Big Sur by tweaking CSM settings in the BIOS. Later I used a GOP updater to patch the VBIOS with UEFI support to disable CSM completly.
  13. Aluveitie

Changed from B450 I to A520 Motherboard plus Ryzen 3600 Gen 3 now stuck on Apple logo

What GPU do you have? If it doesn't have an UEFI VBIOS then CSM will automatically be enabled.
  14. Aluveitie

Fix CPU Name with RestrictEvents

@grad1e If your CPU is shown as Unknown then this kext won't fix that. You'd have to set ProcessorType to 1537 in your config.plist for a six core. @AMDPUSH you don't have to set it if your CPU does not show up as Unknown, you can leave it at 0.
  15. Aluveitie

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING Mini Guide & Support - Big Sur OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI

It is possible to boot a machine from off state, but Macs do only support wake from sleep. That might be the reason it works after shutdown from Windows but not MacOS. The feature is also controlled by the NIC driver according to wikipedia. So MacOS might deactivate that.
  16. Aluveitie

AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING Mini Guide & Support - Big Sur OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI

you can try enabling WoL for sleep with pmset -a networkoversleep 1, maybe this has an influence on shutdown too.
  17. Aluveitie

Big Sur 11.4 beta x570 dark hero installation issue.. please help

Did you try using a different USB Port for the installer?
  18. Aluveitie

That default was actually broken in a previous build.
  19. Aluveitie

RX Vega 64 choppy graphics after 11.3 update

Did you update your Kernel patches for 11.3 by any chance? Don't forget to re-enable Shaneee's Fix PAT patch (and disable Algrey's in turn).
  20. Aluveitie

Fix CPU Name with RestrictEvents

Hm, maybe open an issue on Github
Top Bottom