Shaneee's ASUS ROG Strix X570-F GAMING - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI
For macOS Big Sur 11.x and macOS Monterey 12.x
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB 3200MHz
- Graphics: XFX RX 480 8GB
- Case: Corsair iCUE 220T Airflow
- NVMe: 1TB Corsair MP400 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
- SSD: 250GB Crucial MX500
- HDD: WD 640GB (Shared Storage) - WD 500GB (Games)
- PSU: Corsair RM750x
- WiFi / BT: BCM94360CS2 + Adapter
- Cooling: NZXT Kraken X53
- Operating Systems: Windows 11 Pro - Monterey 12.x
- Bootloader: OpenCore
- SMBios: MacPro7,1
- Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
- Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
- Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
- Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
- Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
- Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
- Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
- Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
- Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
- Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
- Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys
Install Notes:There are a few changes you'll need to make to the EFI before you can boot with it.
First of all open up the config.plist file in a Plist editor like PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree. Navigate to PlatformInfo -> Generic and add the required SMBios details.
The Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. It's currently setup for a 6 Core CPU. A detailed explanation on how to edit this can be found here, https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/new-amd-macos-corecount-patch-information.1948/
NVRAM: When you first boot with this EFI, Once at the OpenCore Boot Picker, press the spacebar and Reset NVRAM. The system will reboot and take you back into OpenCore.
GPU: If you are using a RX 6800 or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then add agdpmod=ignore to the boot arguments.
Note: The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.x so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you have another network device such as WiFi that is supported.
- Updated OpenCore to 0.7.3
- Added OpenLinuxBoot for Linux Dual Booting
- Update can be found here, https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...-f-gaming-opencore-0-7-4-efi.1996/#post-13569