AMD Laptop HELP

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello, i have HP 14-fq0032ms this laptop brand new and i want to install macOS on it,
its possible to install on this ?
it has AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor.
how can i know if its supported or not ?
thanks for helpers !

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
No AMD Laptops are supported I’m afraid. Sorry

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Hello, i have HP 14-fq0032ms this laptop brand new and i want to install macOS on it,
its possible to install on this ?
it has AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor.
how can i know if its supported or not ?
thanks for helpers !
The graphics “Navi” won’t work correctly. You can probably get it working but no graphics acceleration, so no gaming or use of intensive apps. It runs with default VESA display drivers at 7-21mb.
It will not have “full” support but you can usually browse most websites and it can be slow and sluggish. If you’re doing it as a hobby that’s cool. but if you plan on using for work It’s best to use windows or Linux.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The igpu has zero support unless some smart coder makes drivers for it.
you could run without any acceleration I guess but it would be a ruff ride in macOS and not really worth it.

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The igpu has zero support unless some smart coder makes drivers for it.
you could run without any acceleration I guess but it would be a ruff ride in macOS and not really worth it.
ok and i have also desktop pc with this specs:

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard: X570 Aorus Maser
GPU: RTX 3080 Vision OC (Gigabyte)
RAM: G.Skill tridentz neo 2x8GB(16GB) DDR4 3800MHZ CL-14
SSD:Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB
Case: Lian-Li O11-DynamicXL White

does it support this pc ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The 3080 is not supported, everything else is.
you could get a secondary AMD gpu like a rx570 and disable the 3080 in macOS

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The 3080 is not supported, everything else is.
you could get a secondary AMD gpu like a rx570 and disable the 3080 in macOS
Why RTX 3080 is not supported i have just paid on it 1200$ and its not supported lol
it will be ?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Nvidia and Apple had some sort of falling out. It was skepticat there would be any updates for them in the future but with the release of the M1 Macs is almost certain it'll never happen for Nvidia now.

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Nvidia and Apple had some sort of falling out. It was skepticat there would be any updates for them in the future but with the release of the M1 Macs is almost certain it'll never happen for Nvidia now.
and if i will but an RX470 and put in in the same system it will be possible to install hackinthosh ?
and if yes which versions ?
thanks a lot for help

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes a RX 470 would work. Although take note of this for the GPU Buyers Guide,

Dortania said:
Regarding Polaris, basically every model of card is supported as long as it’s running either a Polaris or Baffin core(lower end cards like the RX550 run a Lexa core meaning no support in macOS).

The only brand of GPU you should avoid with the Polaris series would be XFX, PowerColour, HIS and VisionTek as many users have had issues with these cards with viewing Clover and macOS booting but other users have found fixes/workarounds(though nothing consistent). This seems to be caused by having an odd VBIOS that doesn't communicate well with macOS and the only real solution is flashing another VBIOS which is not ideal for most users.

You'll need to disable the Nvidia card for booting macOS which is relatively easy to do these days.

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes a RX 470 would work. Although take note of this for the GPU Buyers Guide,

You'll need to disable the Nvidia card for booting macOS which is relatively easy to do these days.
i have just grabbed an Gigabyte RX460,
there is an tutorial how to disable the Nvidia card on macOS boot ?
i want to add this card to the same system and have dual boot options on the same PC
also it will be connected to one screen not multiple,
i can connect the RX460 via HDMI to the screen and the RTX3080 via DP?
it will not make problems right ?
if you know a good tutorial how to install it on my system it would be kind if you share it with me <3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
There's a guide here on disabling the GPU, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html

That shouldn't be an issue no, just switch the input depening on which OS you are booting. Assuming the Nvidia card is in the first slot though OpenCore might default to that then macOS will initialize the AMD GPU once it's booted.

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There's a guide here on disabling the GPU, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html

That shouldn't be an issue no, just switch the input depening on which OS you are booting. Assuming the Nvidia card is in the first slot though OpenCore might default to that then macOS will initialize the AMD GPU once it's booted.
thanks and you have an tutorial on how to install hackintosh because all i found is on intel CPU and i have ryzen 9 5900X

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

BomBayGini

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you require further assistance with the Desktop install please make a new thread in the appropiate section of the forum :D

CodingMaster1254

AMD OS X Member
I wish that there was a future update that supports AMD integrated graphics :(

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.