Will my radeon rx 6800 xt graphics card work?

chri273u

AMD OS X Member
Hey there!

I have the new Radeon RX 6800 XT card, but i wanna just know if it is supported yet? Because it's pretty new, so i just want to be sure.

Processor: Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard: gigabyte b550 aorus elite v2
graphics card: I think you can guess that by now..

I am trying to install mac os with opencore, if that helps.

I hope that someone can help me :) Thanks!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
No sorry not yet if at all

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I'm planning to move from 5700xt to 6700xt. Are they supported well today?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hi guys, I'm planning to move from 5700xt to 6700xt. Are they supported well today?

No. Only the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT are supported in macOS.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
No. Only the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT are supported in macOS.

I have read, unfortunately. I did not understand, however, if there will be the implementation of the 6700XT or not, too bad.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have read, unfortunately. I did not understand, however, if there will be the implementation of the 6700XT or not, too bad.
I doubt very much that anything lower then a 6800 will work anytime in the future, in fact if I was to predict anything I would say that the 6800, XT and 6900 XT will be the last GPUs they add support for going forward. If they were going to give support they would of already and they only gave support to what they did because of the MacPro to keep the users that paid stupid amounts of money happy.
Contrary to the rumors there are no more Macs coming out that will use a Intel, AMD setup.
It’s in house only from here on in.

Disclaimer - This is just my opinion and not a fact but I guarantee I’m not wrong.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
I doubt very much that anything lower then a 6800 will work anytime in the future, in fact if I was to predict anything I would say that the 6800, XT and 6900 XT will be the last GPUs they add support for going forward. If they were going to give support they would of already and they only gave support to what they did because of the MacPro to keep the users that paid stupid amounts of money happy.
Contrary to the rumors there are no more Macs coming out that will use a Intel, AMD setup.
It’s in house only from here on in.

Disclaimer - This is just my opinion and not a fact but I guarantee I’m not wrong.

Take one for the team, plug in a Gigabyte 6700XT gaming OC, tried everything in the book , can't seem to get it to work. Fake ID won't cut it because of the differences between those 2 cards.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Dubito fortemente che qualcosa di inferiore a un 6800 funzionerà in qualsiasi momento in futuro, infatti se dovessi prevedere qualcosa direi che il 6800, XT e 6900 XT saranno le ultime GPU a cui aggiungeranno il supporto per andare avanti. Se avessero dato supporto, lo avrebbero già fatto e hanno dato supporto solo a ciò che hanno fatto a causa del MacPro per mantenere felici gli utenti che hanno pagato stupide somme di denaro.
Contrariamente alle voci, non ci sono più Mac in uscita che utilizzeranno una configurazione Intel, AMD.
È in casa solo da qui in poi.

Disclaimer - Questa è solo la mia opinione e non un dato di fatto, ma garantisco che non mi sbaglio.

I was forgetting this "little detail". I frankly don't know what the future of Hackintoshes will be ... I think the community will still invent the way to keep the saga going, I hope it doesn't end right now that I managed to make the "Mac I've always wanted" without throwing away avalanches of money.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.