5950x

batchi21

AMD OS X Member
Hello
I bought Ryzen 5950X the other day and replaced it with 3700X. When I try to start it, it stops in the middle of reading and cannot be started. I just replaced the CPU and updated the BIOS, and nothing else changed. When you enter -v and look at the Boot screen

Darwin Image4 Varidator Version 3.1.0
Is displayed ...

Even if you download an EFI with similar specifications from the forum and use it, the same display will appear even if you recreate the EFI by yourself. I reviewed the BIOS settings but couldn't find out ... I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice. Thank you very much.

specification
Ryzen 5950X, ASUS TUF-PLUS B550, Radeon 5700XT, Big Sur 11.1 Open Core 0.6.6

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Since you updated your BIOS I'd double check every setting. If Above 4G Decoding is enabled make sure Resizable BAR is disabled.

batchi21

AMD OS X Member
Thank you.
Adobe4G fecording is enabled and Resizable BAR is disabled, but cannot start...

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you check all other settings? A BIOS update can reset stuff back to default.

batchi21

AMD OS X Member
I initialize the BIOS and start it again, you will get the same warning.

Last edited:

batchi21

AMD OS X Member
I cleared the CMOS, but I can't boot. Also, when I returned to the 3700X I was using before, it can be started without problems.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Have you got a faulty cpu over there because I can flip my 5900x to a 3950x or a 5950x without needing to do anything other then repaste the cpu?

batchi21

AMD OS X Member
Since windows can be started without problems, I think that there is no failure in the CPU itself.
Is it a motherboard-specific phenomenon?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Could be yeah,
The B550 range have horrible troubles with usb and zen 3 and it can cause all sorts of problems.
I had a Asus B550-E and had to return it as I couldn’t get a fully stable system with my 5900x And it was all down to the USB screwing up.
Asus admitted to me that it was a known Issue on all Asus B550 boards but the problem is effecting all the other manufactures too. It’s got to the point now where AMD have had to acknowledge it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@batchi21 Here try my old B550E EFI that I used with my 5900x and see if it works for you.
Check the kexts being used are correct for your TUF B550 and amend if needed. (Ethernet is set up for 2.5gb intel)

Dont forget to add a serial number, uuid, mlb and your MAC address to the config.
Good Luck

p.s its OpenCore V0.6.4 as its been a while since I had the board now.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 37

batchi21

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod
Thank you. I was able to start it safely.
I would like to find out what was the cause by comparing the prist. Thank you very much!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome that’s good to hear.
Your welcome buddy.

Have a look at my SSDTs and the quirks in the config.plist. My SSDT-CPUR is not the same one you find on the OpenCore instal guide. They are the real differences I think your find. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.