Help to create a Hackintosh?

erickacevedor

AMD OS X Member
Hey pals!

Don't know if this is the right place to post this lol, but would like to know if someone here can help me out turning out my PC into a Hackintosh.

I KNOW is a complicated thing and the process will change and differ hardware to hardware, but, I believe that providing all the specs and hardware name of the components of my PC will do the trick, and also, I just need help creating the USB stick software (Getting the drivers and utilities) then I can follow the process installation.

Of course, will be $ involved :p

If this is a crazy thing, just let me know and will delete lol.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Do you already have the PC or yet to build it?
If you do already have one then what is your spec?

erickacevedor

AMD OS X Member
Yep, I already have the PC mounted and working, here's the specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product PRIME A520M-K
BIOS Mode UEFI
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Adapter Description Radeon RX550/550 Series 2GB

Also got a HDD of 1TB and a SSD of 250GB.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Your graphics card is not supported on macOS. You will need at least a rx 560 for AMD based cards. There are older Nvidia cards that would work as well, but if you want to run the newer macOS I would stick to AMD.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Unless your RX 550 is a rebranded RX 560 with either the Polaris or Baffin core then it'll work if you fake the device ID to 0x67FF

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This is my personal opinion, as someone who does tech support, I would strongly recommend against having someone ELSE building a Hackintosh for you.

If you plan to run a Hackintosh system (which is very rewarding, don't get me wrong) you need to understand how it works and what to do when it doesn't. When everything is working, it is amazing, but when it doesn't work, it can be a nightmare.. and that does happen.

So, invest the time in building it yourself. You will learn more about your computer, and how BIOS, bootloaders, and software work together and end up with a kick ass Mac as a result. Once you have made a few attempts at it, but still are hitting walls, this forum is an amazing resource for assistance. You just need to do a bit of homework first. Good luck on your build!

pm

PS. (include here the usual caveat about using Hackintosh computers for production work... blah, blah, blah... )

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.