Big Sur beta 10 -- installer does not go past gray screen

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
Hey everyone,

I've updated to OC 0.6.2, did the sanity check and added the most recent experimental Big Sur patches as well as the beta boot args. I can reach the installer but I only get to the initial gray screen with a mouse cursor (which I can move). I've waited for 10 minutes but nothing happens. Is there a fix for this?

I use MacPro7,1 with Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC. I've updated the kexts to developer builds.

X570, Ryzen 3700X, RX 5700 XT. Running Catalina with OC without issues. Attaching my config.plist file. Any help is appreciated!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Check your motherboard site for an updated BIOS.

brendan_siow

AMD OS X Member
try reset nvram

Andreunto

AMD OS X Member
Same problem here. I try with change language in config.plist, reset nvram and fakesmc. No solved for me. With catalina is all ok

Heiko77

AMD OS X Member
It’s language problem. Change string prev-Lang:kbd to en-US:0 this will fix grey screen. And clean nvram

Andreunto

AMD OS X Member
It’s language problem. Change string prev-Lang:kbd to en-US:0 this will fix grey screen. And clean nvram

Not in my case. I try all and for last chance i try to download the new beta 11.0.1 and all works good now.
I think my big sur beta 10 download is corrupted

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Beta 10 was missing language packs for several languages, removing pref-lang:kdb entry usually fixed this.

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
Alright guys, your tip about beta 10 being corrupt was spot on -- I didn't need to make any changes to my config; just got the brand new beta 11.0.1 and typing this from Big Sur right now! Thanks!

Attachments

• bigsurbeta.jpg
    bigsurbeta.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 16

zentikFR

AMD OS X Member
OMG you save me to being CRAZY ! Thanks a lot !

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.