BT not working with BCM94360CD

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I've bought a BCM94360CD pcie card hoping that Bluetooth and wi-fi would just work OOB without any kext since this chipset is natively supported by MacOS... well, the wi-fi is indeed working but not the Bluetooth.

I've tried without kexts, and also with the BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3; I've tried to use them all together and also singularly one by one but nothing...

is there something i need to do/add to make it work?

I've not mapped any USB because they always all worked without issue without any mapping needed... i don't know if for some reason this specific card requires that.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have the Bluetooth module connected to the motherboard USB header port, yes? Make sure the header port is working and the Bluetooth is showing against the Internal port. Look at the Hackintool USB window, post a screenshot so we can see which USB ports are being activated.

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
You have the Bluetooth module connected to the motherboard USB header port, yes? Make sure the header port is working and the Bluetooth is showing against the Internal port. Look at the Hackintool USB window, post a screenshot so we can see which USB ports are being activated.
Yes it is connected in the internal MB port, and under windows and Linux it works.

it's only in MacOS that it doesn't.
sadly i cannot make a screenshot right now since I'm outside... I'll send it when i come back home.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The fact it works in Windows and Linux tells us the device is not defective. It doesn't help with why it is not working in macOS.

My instinct says the USB header port is probably set with an incorrect Connector type, or the port is not active in macOS. We will see when you provide the Hackintool screenshot.

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
The fact it works in Windows and Linux tells us the device is not defective. It doesn't help with why it is not working in macOS.

My instinct says the USB header port is probably set with an incorrect Connector type, or the port is not active in macOS. We will see when you provide the Hackintool screenshot.
I'm back home and here's what the USB tab in the Hackintool looks like, let me know what you think.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your USB setup is wrong. I don’t see the Bluetooth device, so can only assume they motherboard header port it is connected through is not active in macOS.
  1. You have the USB2 ports set with the ‘Internal’ connector type,
  2. They should be set as USB3, if served from a physical USB3 port,
  3. They should set as USB2 if served from a physical USB2 port.
  4. They should only be set as ‘Internal’ if they are served from a USB2 motherboard header port.
Your motherboard has the following USB ports:
AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation/ 7th Generation A-Series/ Athlon™ X4 Processors :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, Type-A)
AMD X370 chipset :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
AMD X370 chipset :
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, Type-A + USB Type-CTM, 2 at mid-board)
AMD X370 chipset :
4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, teal blue, Type-A)

So you should have a maximum of 4 x Internal USB2 ports In your setup. All the rest should be set as USB3 or Type-c.

You need to scrap your current USB setup and undertake the USB port discovery again, paying attention to the info provided above.

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Your USB setup is wrong. I don’t see the Bluetooth device, so can only assume they motherboard header port it is connected through is not active in macOS.
  1. You have the USB2 ports set with the ‘Internal’ connector type,
  2. They should be set as USB3, if served from a physical USB3 port,
  3. They should set as USB2 if served from a physical USB2 port.
  4. They should only be set as ‘Internal’ if they are served from a USB2 motherboard header port.
Your motherboard has the following USB ports:
AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ 1st Generation/ 7th Generation A-Series/ Athlon™ X4 Processors :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, Type-A)
AMD X370 chipset :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
AMD X370 chipset :
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, Type-A + USB Type-CTM, 2 at mid-board)
AMD X370 chipset :
4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, teal blue, Type-A)

So you should have a maximum of 4 x Internal USB2 ports In your setup. All the rest should be set as USB3 or Type-c.

You need to scrap your current USB setup and undertake the USB port discovery again, paying attention to the info provided above.
I don't know how to do any of that....
As i said i have never done any USB mapping and this is the configuration that MacOS decided to do auomatically...
Can you tell me what tool to use to do so or link me to a guide? thank you!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using an app in macOS or Windows will not 'Automatically' set the ports to the correct connector type. User input is required to check the port configuration, for each and every port. That is why you are told to test each port with a USB2, a USB3 and a Type-c device where compatible. This is the same for any of the various methods used to create a USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml. Any errors made by the application when 'Discovering' the USB ports should be identified and changed by the USER.

There is nothing wrong with the Dortania USB guide for AMD systems. You should probably follow that guide. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

The Hackintool/IORegistry Explorer process over at Tonymacx86 is similar, but tends to be aimed more for Intel systems. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

This is one of the main elements of getting a Hack working successfully. Unfortunately, it is also one where the user/owner of the system has to undertake the port discovery and testing phase of the process. Remote/online help can only go so far, it is down to the User to undertake the donkey work, before the USB kext or SSDT can be created.

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Using an app in macOS or Windows will not 'Automatically' set the ports to the correct connector type. User input is required to check the port configuration, for each and every port. That is why you are told to test each port with a USB2, a USB3 and a Type-c device where compatible. This is the same for any of the various methods used to create a USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml. Any errors made by the application when 'Discovering' the USB ports should be identified and changed by the USER.

There is nothing wrong with the Dortania USB guide for AMD systems. You should probably follow that guide. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

The Hackintool/IORegistry Explorer process over at Tonymacx86 is similar, but tends to be aimed more for Intel systems. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

This is one of the main elements of getting a Hack working successfully. Unfortunately, it is also one where the user/owner of the system has to undertake the port discovery and testing phase of the process. Remote/online help can only go so far, it is down to the User to undertake the donkey work, before the USB kext or SSDT can be created.
Alright, i will try and get to it later next week.

But anyway i've ended up retuning my BT/WI-FI card back to Amazon because i've noticed that both in windows and Linux despite "working"it has SEVERE lag and often disconnect or freezes... So i think i'll just return it and buy a more expansive fenvi t919 with the same chipset and HOPEFULLY this one will work without such issues.... meanwhile i'll read more about USB mapping and how to do it properly, so that when the new card comes i'll be ready to properly configure it on MacOS

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, might be a wise choice if the card is flaky under Windows and Linux.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.