AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

dragonSlayer

AMD OS X Member
Fix for the MacOS 12.3 slow GPU.
  1. These must be add to Root -> DeviceProperties -> Add in the EFI config.plist for the appropriate GPU.
  2. The PciRoot must be changed for the hardware. The PciRoot Path can be found in Hackintool at PCIe -> PCIe -> (Navi 21or 23, Display controller, VGA compatible controller) copy the Device Path.

Radeon 5500:

Radeon 5700:

Radeon 6600:

Radeon 6800
:

Radeon 6900:

The fix also reduced the idle temperature of my 6800 XT from 50°C to 38°C. An improvement worthy of adding the Frame Buffer fix by itself.
I've Applied this fix , but now my gpu fan are contionously spining even without load. Due you know what could be the reason?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I've Applied this fix , but now my gpu fan are contionously spining even without load. Due you know what could be the reason?

It is a temporary fix and the patch may disable Zero Fan RPM. I just looked at mine and they are also spinning with no load.

That explains the temperature drop from the patch. I had not noticed the run at lower speed all the time.

dragonSlayer

AMD OS X Member
It is a temporary fix and the patch may disable Zero Fan RPM. I just looked at mine and they are also spinning with no load.

That explains the temperature drop from the patch. I had not noticed the run at lower speed all the time.
This explains the behaviour of GPU fan rpm for no load.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
This explains the behaviour of GPU fan rpm for no load.
I have had the fans run at idle in MacOS prior to the 12.3 GPU issue. It seems to be hot and miss in different beta releases.

Keep in mind Apple’s RX W6800 series GPUs do not have fans.

Last edited:

Blehzinga

AMD OS X Member
I'm trying to use this EFI and added boot args for the RX 6600.
But what ever i do i keep getting the same error OCB failed to load image - unsupported.

no idea what to do atm kinda stuck
trying to install Monterey 5900x + x570 E + RX 6600
ive attacked my efi any help is appreaciated.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    4.4 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which version of macOS are you trying to install? The RX 6600 is only supported from Monterey 12.1 or newer.

You have a couple of extra SSDT's in your /OC/ACPI folder, which you don't need, according to AudioGod's guide.
  1. SSDT-CPUR.aml
  2. SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
You should remove these two SSDT's from the ACPI folder and any entries for the SSDT's in the config.plist.

Your Ryzen system doesn't require these kexts, they should be removed from the /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.
  1. SMCProcessor.kext
  2. SMCSuperIO.kext
  3. XLNCUSBFix.kext
Try using the EFI folder attached, which has the kexts and SSDT's listed above removed.

Don't forget to add your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID to the revised config before you use the EFI.

Attachments

• EFI-v1.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 8

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

coralding

AMD OS X Member
Hi,I'm using Johnlietzke's EFI 0.79 with replaced USBMap.kext of AudioGod's EFI 0.74. After the -v end, erase my disk with AFPS GUDI, and about 8 minutes, when the system restart, I can see from the Menu show the new Monterey installer, after choose it, the system will have a panic.
CPU: AMD 5950X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG X570 E gaming
SDRAM:64G DDR4 3600(16G*4)
NVRAM: Hynix 960G (HFS960GD0MEE-5410A)--Monterey
Windows: WD SN850 1T
GPU: XFX 5700XT
Case: Antec P110S
Here is my EFI and Config and my Debug.txt, can anyone help me to deal with it, Thanks

Attachments

• EFI0.79.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 5

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hi,I'm using Johnlietzke's EFI 0.79 with replaced USBMap.kext of AudioGod's EFI 0.74. After the -v end, erase my disk with AFPS GUDI, and about 8 minutes, when the system restart, I can see from the Menu show the new Monterey installer, after choose it, the system will have a panic.
CPU: AMD 5950X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG X570 E gaming
SDRAM:64G DDR4 3600(16G*4)
NVRAM: Hynix 960G (HFS960GD0MEE-5410A)--Monterey
Windows: WD SN850 1T
GPU: XFX 5700XT
Case: Antec P110S
Here is my EFI and Config and my Debug.txt, can anyone help me to deal with it, Thanks

What version of MacOS are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coralding

AMD OS X Member
Monterey 12.3, I can sucess install Big Sur 11.6.5 with the same NVMe SSD. but when I install Monterey 12.3, there always a panic for it.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

coralding

AMD OS X Member

coralding

AMD OS X Member
May be I used the newest BIOS 4204, and I need to disabled the Boot quicks of "SetupVirtualMap"?

Last edited:

coralding

AMD OS X Member
Hi, after using my BigSur's EFI, I have successed install the newly Monterey 12.3, there is show problem of my Screen, the theme has several color blocks of different sizes which its not the normal color.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I never had problem with the blocks on the screen but some reported the GPU patch fixed the problem.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@coralding
That "latest" BIOS refers to a BIOS revision from about 1.5 years ago, which broke SetupVirtualMap on X570. That was fixed in OC 0.6.7 or something around that time.
With any newer version, OC should have no issues with SetupVirtualMap on X570.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I use 2404 on the X570 I Gaming with no issue.

coralding

AMD OS X Member
I tried disable the SetupVitualMap, It's not working. Now I'm enabled the quicks.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.