Asus ROG STRIX B550-F problems

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

My another hackintosh try, motherboard ASUS Strix ROG B550-F Gaming WIFI-II, CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, AMD 7850 graphics - new firmware to support UEFI

Bios version 2604 (newest), recommended settings: Launch CSM -> Disable , Above 4G Decoding: Enable, Resizable Bar - Disable, XHCI Handoff: Enabled

I have installed OSX Monterey on another machine (Aorus x470+Ryzen 7 2700x), just changed EFI with this one in attachment, I can logint onto system,
but it crash, please help, or if somebody has some already tested efi

many thanks

Attachments

• opencore-2022-03-22-114122.txt
    256 KB · Views: 7
  • EFI.ZIP
    13.1 MB · Views: 10

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

My another hackintosh try, motherboard ASUS Strix ROG B550-F Gaming WIFI-II, CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, AMD 7850 graphics - new firmware to support UEFI

Bios version 2604 (newest), recommended settings: Launch CSM -> Disable , Above 4G Decoding: Enable, Resizable Bar - Disable, XHCI Handoff: Enabled

I have installed OSX Monterey on another machine (Aorus x470+Ryzen 7 2700x), just changed EFI with this one in attachment, I can logint onto system,
but it crash, please help, or if somebody has some already tested efi

many thanks
@TherioN

Hi,

try my EFI OC 0.78 - Asus Strix B550 Wifi- EFI TherioN

My PC - Signature

Add Serial Number etc.

Regards Flexarius

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@TherioN You need to edit and amend the /EFI/OC/config.plist to work with your B550 motherboard. The B550 motherboards require slightly different settings compared to the X470 board in your other Hackintosh system. This is clearly stated in the OC guide.

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
Hi Flexarius! Thank You for your EFI - but kexts included were packed, I tried to unpack them with winrar as I do not have working OSX here.

I have generated MacPro7,1 serial and inserted onto config.plist on EFI folder.

After booting with your EFI my system crashes and reboots, so I edited config.plist as follows for Debugging and uploaded attachment with opencore log:

<key>Debug</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleDebug</key>
<true/>
<key>ApplePanic</key>
<true/>
<key>DisableWatchDog</key>
<true/>
<key>DisplayDelay</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>DisplayLevel</key>
<integer>2147483650</integer>
<key>LogModules</key>
<string>*</string>
<key>SerialInit</key>
<false/>
<key>SysReport</key>
<false/>
<key>Target</key>
<integer>67</integer>
</dict>

Please what about Your BIos version a and settings?
thanks

Attachments

• opencore-2022-03-24-081154.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
@TherioN You need to edit and amend the /EFI/OC/config.plist to work with your B550 motherboard. The B550 motherboards require slightly different settings compared to the X470 board in your other Hackintosh system. This is clearly stated in the OC guide.
Hello! Let me explain - system was installed on X470 mobo, but then I have changed EFI with one for B550-F mobo, system booted, I could login, but than it crashed.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What are you doing when it crashes, i.e. which apps have you opened?

Post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using. You should redact/delete the serial number from the copy of your config.plist before you provide a copy.

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
What are you doing when it crashes, i.e. which apps have you opened?

Post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using. You should redact/delete the serial number from the copy of your config.plist before you provide a copy.
Now I'm trying to install BigSur from USB media, just copied EFI folder to USB on Windows, as I do not have working mac here. Used EFI folder is attached. I generated MacPro7,1 serial on Windows and edited the config plist. It has crashed and rebooted, opencore log is on post #4.

Could somebody check my EFI folder? Flexarius please can you share with me EFI folder with non-compressed kexts? (I tried to unpack it with winrar, may be that is the problem)

thanks

Serial generated on my Asus B550-F machine on windows:

<key>SystemProductName</key>
<string>MacPro7,1</string>
<key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
<string>F5KDQ0ZXP7QM</string>
<key>SystemUUID</key>
<string>67EBACF9-FE27-4187-914F-DC7D12C2A717</string>

Attachments

• EFI.ZIP
    39.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Check the bootflag: boot-args: v keepsyms=1 agdpmod=pikera unfairgva=1 alcid=1 itlwm_cc=DE dk.e1000=0

Maybe agdpmod=pikera is for my Radeon 6900XT - delete this
unfairgva=1 false for you, delete this.

AMD 7850 is iGPU?

Attachments

• EFI TherioN.zip
    39.9 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Me telling you to Redact/Delete the Serial number doesn't mean for you to post a copy in your next post! It means don't share it with anyone.

When you get your system up and running, and before you try setting up any Apple services (messages, iCloud etc.) you are advised to generate a new SMBIOS data set for your system.

You have two USB config kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder - AMD-USB-Map.kext and USBMap.kext. While USBMap.kext is not enabled it appears to be the more likely to work of the two. Did you create either of these kexts, based on the actual ports contained in your system? You would probably be better served not using the two kexts, if you haven't created either kext.

We all know there are issues with Specific Intel Ethernet ports, such as your i225-v. You seem to be trying to implement every possible 'Fix' available. When you probably only need one.

As Flexarius said, you don't need agdpmod=pikera or unfairgva=1 boot arguments with your discrete GPU.

I am pretty sure I read that the dk.e1000=0 boot argument needs to be edited to work with Monterey.
You should remove the FakePCIID kexts.
You may not need the i225-v DeviceProperties Fake-ID (device-id) entry.

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
Thank You all for answers!

Edhawk: sorry, I did not know, that serial number is used for Apple services, I post it because I was not sure, if I did it well

AMD 7850 is graphics card, in Windows I can see:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6819&SUBSYS_042C1043&REV_00

Location path:

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0301)#PCI(0000)
ACPI(SB)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(GPP8)#ACPI(X161)
ACPI(SB)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(GPP8)#ACPI(VGA_)

Not sure about DeviceProperties, if it can be as follows:

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>#PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>#built-in</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x2)/Pci(0x9,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>built-in</key>
<data>AQ==</data>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Delete</key>
<dict/>
</dict>

- USBMap.kext deleted

- i225-v removed

- boot-args changed to: -v keepsyms=1 alcid=1 itlwm_cc=DE

Trying to install BigSur from usb with new EFI, another crash

Please, what about CPU patching? I have AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 Core CPU, is my Config.plist properly configured for this CPU?

many thanks

Attachments

• opencore-2022-03-31-082557.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220331_082727409.jpg
    IMG_20220331_082727409.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • EFI-31.3.2022.ZIP
    39.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Device ID for your HD 7850 is natively supported in macOS, so shouldn't be causing any issues.

Try this revised OC EFI for your 12-Core CPU, ASUS Strix ROG B550-F Gaming WIFI motherboard and Radeon HD 7850 GPU. The EFI below is based on OC 0.7.9 and set to work with macOS Big Sur.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 14

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
Thank You very much for new EFI, I tried it but it has crashed. I changed OpenCore to 0.7.9 debug version nad it hangs, as You can see on attached log.

First I had problem with error HfsPlus.efi not found, as OpenCore 0.7.9 has another version of this driver called OpenHfsPlus.efi, so I edit config.plis to use this newer driver.

My new EFI is also attached

many thanks !

Attachments

• opencore-2022-04-01-134115.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • EFI.ZIP
    25.7 MB · Views: 6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OpenHFSPlus.EFI is not as fast or as good as HfsPlus.EFI. Even the developers of OpenHfsPlus recognise and admit this is the case.

Due to licensing issues the HfsPlus.EFI driver can’t be included in the OpenCore release package. So they created the OpenHfsPlus.EFI driver, which can be included in the OC package/release.

Where did the EFI I provided stop? Can you post a photo of the verbose text so I can see what caused the kernel panic.

If you don’t want to use the EFI I created for you that is fine. Unfortunately I won’t be able to help fix any booting issues while you are using a different EFI.

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
@TherioN

Have you checked your Bios Settings - for the most people AMD B550 and X570 Chipset:

BIOS Settings:

• Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

In my case - Monterey 11.3 only boots with Opencore 0.8.0

https://github.com/dortania/build-repo/releases/tag/OpenCorePkg-3f930d0

Kernel-Patch 12 CORE:

Please, what about CPU patching? I have AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 Core CPU, is my Config.plist properly configured for this CPU?

From the recent AMD CPU patch, now we have to specify the CPU core counts to the algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package nodes.

12-core CPU model - OC

looks like:
  • algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package
      • B80C0000 0000
      • BA0C0000 0000
      • BA0C0000 0090
use OpenCore Configurator for editing config.plist - or PlistEdit Pro. But OpenCore Configrator is better for understand it.

Opencore - config.png
BA0C0000 0090

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The CPU patching is fine in your original EFI and in the one I provided. The patches in both config.plist's were set correctly for your 12-core CPU.

Monterey 12.3 will boot just fine on your system with OC 0.7.8 and 0.7.9, you don't need to be using the beta version 0.8.0.

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
OpenHFSPlus.EFI is not as fast or as good as HfsPlus.EFI. Even the developers of OpenHfsPlus recognise and admit this is the case.

Due to licensing issues the HfsPlus.EFI driver can’t be included in the OpenCore release package. So they created the OpenHfsPlus.EFI driver, which can be included in the OC package/release.

Where did the EFI I provided stop? Can you post a photo of the verbose text so I can see what caused the kernel panic.

If you don’t want to use the EFI I created for you that is fine. Unfortunately I won’t be able to help fix any booting issues while you are using a different EFI.

Thank You for explanation of HFS plus EFI.

I used EFI You provided, just changed OpenCore to Debug version, thats all. I will check my BIOS settings as Flexarius provided and will take a picture of
verbose text.

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
Dear Flexarius, another try, I have set Bios like You recommended:

• Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

But this is the problem, It does now want to boot with this settings, it says uknown boot image, I must let it to Other OS:

Dear EdHawk: I tried to boot Monterey USB with your EFI, just Debug target set to 67 for maximum debug info, it hangs and after some time appears

a circle with a line through it

I really do not understand what is the problem :-((((

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_084350634_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220404_084350634_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • opencore-2022-04-04-084311.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

TherioN

AMD OS X Member
And this is crash with OpenCore 0.8.0 Beta Debug, I tried to capture initial OpenCore screen - second attached image, what about missing key ForceAquantiaEthernet?

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_090421744_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220404_090421744_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220404_091008078_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220404_091008078_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • opencore-2022-04-04-091000.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.