x570 Aorus Elite - 3700X - Red Devil 5700XT

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If you are using the boot argument alcid=1 try changing it to alcid=7 instead, if that don’t work then stick your Efi on a usb installer and then try disabling WhateverGreen and see if it works better for you without it.

I say to put the EFI onto a USB installer just in case it boots to a black screen without the kext. Should actually work better without it though if the screen doesn’t go blank.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Check your IOReg for HDAU It might be named something else in which case a simple rename should fix it.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
If you are using the boot argument alcid=1 try changing it to alcid=7 instead, if that don’t work then stick your Efi on a usb installer and then try disabling WhateverGreen and see if it works better for you without it.

I say to put the EFI onto a USB installer just in case it boots to a black screen without the kext. Should actually work better without it though if the screen doesn’t go blank.
I have 69 on alcid at the moment. Try with 7

@AudioGod with alcid 7 no audio, not even motherboard outputs
I turn off whatevergreen, boot well, but no hdmi audio

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have 69 on alcid at the moment. Try with 7

@AudioGod with alcid 7 no audio, not even motherboard outputs
I turn off whatevergreen, boot well, but no hdmi audio
OK try alcid=29 instead

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Guys I point out that I too have had problems with the 5700XT HDMI / Audio. Then I solved with the motherboard audio and didn't care anymore.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Guys I point out that I too have had problems with the 5700XT HDMI / Audio. Then I solved with the motherboard audio and didn't care anymore.
Yes it is not a fundamental thing, the audio of the motherboard is fine (better with layout 3, it also recognizes the earphones inserted in the front panel).
I have read that using the display port the audio works, so I probably buy a dp-hdmi adapter.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes it is not a fundamental thing, the audio of the motherboard is fine (better with layout 3, it also recognizes the earphones inserted in the front panel).
I have read that using the display port the audio works, so I probably buy a dp-hdmi adapter.
@Pulsar I just plugged in a reference 5700XT and its outputting Audio to my Samsung TV via HDMI straight away. Same thing with my 6800 and previously my 6900 XT.
Thinking back to when I used a Gigabyte X570 Pro motherboard and then a Ultra it was the same deal with a 5700 XT
Theres a connection to this that I’m not thinking of here but it will come to me eventually…

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Update - it’s your alcid number that’s causing it,
Looking at your motherboard it uses a Realtek ALC1200 codec, I have checked the support tables for you guys and one of the following layouts will be correct with the HDMI out and internal Outputs.
you need to try the following one by one until you hit gold

ALC1200 layout 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 27, 28, 29

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Soon I'll try to see if it works. Actually I'm fine with the AUX on the mobo.

Magical as always guys 🔥

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Update - it’s your alcid number that’s causing it,
Looking at your motherboard it uses a Realtek ALC1200 codec, I have checked the support tables for you guys and one of the following layouts will be correct with the HDMI out and internal Outputs.
you need to try the following one by one until you hit gold

ALC1200 layout 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 27, 28, 29
I’ll test tomorrow
EDIT: don't work for hdmi audio. No problem, I will test with dp-hdmi adapter soon

Last edited:

codecex

AMD OS X Member
Hi, anyone has tried to update to Monterrey? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.