Help decide which AIO

savage001

AMD OS X Member
As the title states I’m having trouble deciding between 2 aio cpu coolers for my ryzen 5 3600 build. I have a gigabyte motherboard and Phanteks case with Phanteks rgb fans.
The AIOs I’m deciding between are Phanteks Glacier One 280MP D-RGB AIO and Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce X 280 ARGB AIO CPU Cooler. Currently I have the Gigabyte ATC800 RGB CPU Air Cooler but would like to go back to an AIO.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Personally I wouldn’t go with either.
The 3 top picks of 280 AIOs in my opinion are the
EK-AIO 280 D-RGB,
Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280,
NZXT Kraken Z63,

If I had two pick out of the two you have chosen then I would go with the WaterForce.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Personally I wouldn’t go with either.
The 3 top picks of 280 AIOs in my opinion are the
EK-AIO 280 D-RGB,
Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280,
NZXT Kraken Z63,

If I had two pick out of the two you have chosen then I would go with the WaterForce.

I’ll most likely go with the water force but will look at the others. I would like everything to be controlled through rgb fusion.

Next question I have is after some alcohol was spilled on my keyboard (not me) is what do I do now, I have tried cleaning with isopropyl alcohol but it still sticks. Do I replace with the same board Logitech G815 or something else? Like this Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum? I don’t know what plays nice with both windows and macOS besides Logitech.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
I mount a 240 Kraken in extraction on the top de case. I wanted to mount the 280 but I would have to mount it at the entrance and I didn't really like the idea of immediately heating the incoming air. In the end I think it would have changed little. Eye that over time the AIO pumps tend a rate of small hums, nothing devastating, but these are things that good air coolers do not do.

I'd be curious to try Artic.

For the keyboard I use a G513, nice keyboard, but it is a pity that Logitech is famous for making keyboards whose LEDs burn out ... if I had to buy another keyboard I would look around.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I would like everything to be controlled through rgb fusion.
The EK AIO uses the ARGB header on the motherboard to control the RGB so that means Fusion would be in control of the AIO.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'd be curious to try Artic.
The Liquid Freezer ii is one of the best and cheapest AIOs on the market but it’s also one of the most ugly looking ones too…😂

savage001

AMD OS X Member
The Liquid Freezer ii is one of the best and cheapest AIOs on the market but it’s also one of the most ugly looking ones too…

Yeah I’m now deciding between the water force and em the ek. Both seem quite good.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
The Liquid Freezer ii is one of the best and cheapest AIOs on the market but it’s also one of the most ugly looking ones too…😂

eheheh unfortunately it is not the most beautiful!

I think the Kraken and the Deep Cool are the coolest.

Ah, speaking of LEDs, the Kraken keeps the setting after reboot, so if you want to configure your LEDs a certain way, which is problematic on Mac OS, the Kraken works fine ... it's liquidctl manageable too.

ufotom

AMD OS X Member
I've been running the Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280 for 18+ months. Best decision I ever made. Quiet and cool. No LED's but other fans can do the trick. FWIW. I took the wraith cooler apart that came with the 3900x to help with airflow for the NVMe heatsinks.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
I've been running the Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280 for 18+ months. Best decision I ever made. Quiet and cool. No LED's but other fans can do the trick. FWIW. I took the wraith cooler apart that came with the 3900x to help with airflow for the NVMe heatsinks.

Eheheh as I read I hear the grrrr of my Kraken.

... now it has stopped!

savage001

AMD OS X Member
The Liquid Freezer ii is one of the best and cheapest AIOs on the market but it’s also one of the most ugly looking ones too…

My current air cooler is the gigabyte atc800 rgb cpu cooler which isn’t ugly but it is chunky and keeps my CPU around 30 - 40 degrees which I think is fine. Have not run any stress test or anything to date but happy with the way it runs so I’m unsure now if I want to switch it up lol. Or spend the money on a 5900x and gpu.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Don’t buy a 6700 XT unless it’s not for MacOS as there’s no support for any big Navi cards other then the RX 6800 and higher.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Don’t buy a 6700 XT unless it’s not for MacOS as there’s no support for any big Navi cards other then the RX 6800 and higher.

That’s good to know because it would be for macOS as well. Guess I’ll need to take out a loan to get a good gpu then lol. Prices are crazy.

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
That’s good to know because it would be for macOS as well. Guess I’ll need to take out a loan to get a good gpu then lol. Prices are crazy.

I run a Nitro + se 6800xt ( just going to put it into a waterblock),that runs great on a hackintosh or a Aorus 5700XT

savage001

AMD OS X Member
I run a Nitro + se 6800xt ( just going to put it into a waterblock),that runs great on a hackintosh or a Aorus 5700XT

I just can’t justify $2k + for a graphics card but I think my RX580 is starting to show its age.

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
I just can’t justify $2k + for a graphics card but I think my RX580 is starting to show its age.

Wow is that how much they are , maybe I should sell some of my other ones lol :)
I have a RX580 in my 4.1 mac and its ok , but yes a 5700xt is good and wow the 6800xt is fast.
Good luck hope the prices drop soon

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.