Trying to find a good way to USB map

Which way did you use to map USB for your Ryzentosh?

• Shaneee's SSDTs

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gigamaxx's tutorial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dortania Post-Install Guide

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other Guide (Please name in this thread if worked well for your setup!)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

agent2

Donator
Donator
Now your USB is working you should be able to use Aureal to control your RGB.
Yeah it does work but it‘s a bit picky when i open it, close it, and reopen, that virtually requires a reboot, otherwise it won’t work properly.
A bit janky. But cool nonetheless. What I‘m wondering is why my G.Skill RAM can’t be controlled even though it also uses Aura.

Mapping USB and telling the kext what port is what like your Bluetooth being on internal or a usb c port being a usb c port will just keep everything perfect.
have a look at my X570-E thread where there is a screenshot of hackintool listing my USB ports and you can see what I mean.

For your Bluetooth did you forget to put your kexts back?
Intel Bluetooth is a bit strange, some people find it works without any kexts and some people need the kexts for it to work.
Sometimes it can prang out for no reason, especially when restarting windows and booting into MacOS instead of shutting down first.
Do a full shut down and then cold boot if all the above fails.

@agent2 Personally I think it’s much better to spend £35 for a BCM94360NG on AliExpress and replace the Intel card for that and have fully native working wireless With no kexts or patches, tricks or anything else needed.
Well I had Bluetooth working without a single issue whatsoever before with both the corresponding kexts. Now it just shows up as disabled and I can’t enable it, as it’s greyed out, even after multiple reboots and cold boots. I have both kexts in my EFI folder and the config.plist is snapshotted accordingly.
What do you recommend how to mitigate this?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yeah it does work but it‘s a bit picky when i open it, close it, and reopen, that virtually requires a reboot, otherwise it won’t work properly.
A bit janky. But cool nonetheless. What I‘m wondering is why my G.Skill RAM can’t be controlled even though it also uses Aura.

Well I had Bluetooth working without a single issue whatsoever before with both the corresponding kexts. Now it just shows up as disabled and I can’t enable it, as it’s greyed out, even after multiple reboots and cold boots. I have both kexts in my EFI folder and the config.plist is snapshotted accordingly.
What do you recommend how to mitigate this?
Can you see the bluetooth controller or is it no longer listing? (You can use hackintool to see if it’s listed)
Its possible the USBReset has lost that port corresponding to the internal Bluetooth but you can put it back manually if that’s the case,

H4L9000

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod yeah I know it's not the most vanilla approach.
But it saved me a lot of tedious work to get it right, when I first built my Ryzentosh about a year ago I spent hours to do it manually and it was never perfect.
Now I have a better feeling towards having a proper USB-map.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@agent2 I was just told by somebody else that sometimes there bluetooth stops working and they need to pull the power cable all together and leave it for a few mins when the Bluetooth stops working for them. That might have nothing to do with your problem but it’s food for thought non the less.

agent2

Donator
Donator
@agent2 I was just told by somebody else that sometimes there bluetooth stops working and they need to pull the power cable all together and leave it for a few mins when the Bluetooth stops working for them. That might have nothing to do with your problem but it’s food for thought non the less.
I’ll be sure to give that a look!

agent2

Donator
Donator
Can you see the bluetooth controller or is it no longer listing? (You can use hackintool to see if it’s listed)
Its possible the USBReset has lost that port corresponding to the internal Bluetooth but you can put it back manually if that’s the case,
Yeah I’m not at my system right now but I’ll look at that tomorrow

agent2

Donator
Donator
I’ll be sure to give that a look!
@AudioGod where the heck did you get that info from? From Heaven itself?
That was perfect! I just unplugged my system from power and booted into macOS and boom! Bluetooth is back!
Dude that’s really neat!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
LoL, Awesome…
I told you that Intel wireless is abit strange.
Its restarting from windows to macOS that can be the main cause of that one.
To be safe always shutdown windows before booting into Big Sur.

That could also be AMDs fault concerning the X570 and B550 USB problems. If you haven’t already then update to bios revision F33i that uses AGESA 1.2.0.2 and fixes the USB issues. 👍

agent2

Donator
Donator
LoL, Awesome…
I told you that Intel wireless is abit strange.
Its restarting from windows to macOS that can be the main cause of that one.
To be safe always shutdown windows before booting into Big Sur.

That could also be AMDs fault concerning the X570 and B550 USB problems. If you haven’t already then update to bios revision F33i that uses AGESA 1.2.0.2 and fixes the USB issues. 👍
Yeah I‘ve got the latest BIOS running right now, as far as I know. But thanks for the little hint. I don’t know why it went weird even though I never had problems before.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yeah I‘ve got the latest BIOS running right now, as far as I know. But thanks for the little hint. I don’t know why it went weird even though I never had problems before.
All that messing with the USB must of pranged it out I guess…lol
Enjoy Buddy

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I used CorpNewts USBMap tool and some patience xD

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.