Trying to find a good way to USB map

Which way did you use to map USB for your Ryzentosh?

• Shaneee's SSDTs

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gigamaxx's tutorial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dortania Post-Install Guide

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other Guide (Please name in this thread if worked well for your setup!)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

agent2

Donator
Donator
Okey Dokey I'll restart it then

agent2

Donator
Donator
OK @AudioGod it all works!! Thank you very much! I forgot to reset NVRAM, didn't see that bit until now. But otherwise all USB work! All at the rated speed.

How did you make that file you sent? Do I even need to make a new SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml? Because of optimization reasons etc.?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OK @AudioGod it all works!! Thank you very much! I forgot to reset NVRAM, didn't see that bit until now. But otherwise all USB work! All at the rated speed.

How did you make that file you sent? Do I even need to make a new SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml? Because of optimization reasons etc.?
I use a Asus Board myself and all the Asus X570 boards ACPIs line up the same so any work I do on a hero, x570-e etc etc carry across to all other Asus X570 boards.
I can give you some much better ACPI SSDTs if you like? All Asus X570 Specific. Send me your EFI and il adapt it for you if you want.

And yes you need SSDT-EC-USBX for sure but you are using the generic OC Guide one (YUCK) again if you send me your EFI and il do some magic on it for you.

agent2

Donator
Donator
I use a Asus Board myself and all the Asus X570 boards ACPIs line up the same so any work I do on a hero, x570-e etc etc carry across to all other Asus X570 boards.
I can give you some much better ACPI SSDTs if you like? All Asus X570 Specific. Send me your EFI and il adapt it for you if you want.

And yes you need SSDT-EC-USBX for sure but you are using the generic OC Guide one (YUCK) again if you send me your EFI and il do some magic on it for you.
That sound good! Yeah I know the default SSDT is crap but that's why I wanted to find a guide on how to make proper one. And as there are so many I always got confused as to which one is good.

For some reason my compressed EFI is too large. Probably because of the OpenIntelWireless kexts. But yeah I'd really appreciate the help on the ACPI section! :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
send it minus the intel wifi and bluetooth kexts and put them back when I send it back. just remove the kexts from the folder, nothing else

agent2

Donator
Donator
Here it is:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 3

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
gonna need your config.plist bud to amend it too.
Remove your details and pass it through

agent2

Donator
Donator
OK here you go:

Attachments

• config.plist
    53.2 KB · Views: 2

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Here is the EFI Back

I have dropped 2 kexts.
CtlnaAHCIPort.kext and SMCAMDProcessor (not needed)

the SSDTs I added do the following and yes for a perfect system that's what you need.
  • SSDT-HPET.aml (HPET _CRS (Needs _CRS to XCRS Rename))
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-USBX.aml (USB power tables)
PLus I added a HPET Patch to fix conflicts

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 12

agent2

Donator
Donator
Awesome dude! Thank you very much!

I'll try it out in a moment.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
You should have power nap and wake after power cut available now in power saving and sleep, restart and shutdown should be a lot faster. I gave you RestrictEvents v1.0.2 so about your Mac should be showing your 3900x now too.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
i nearly forgot to say but really do make sure you clear your nvram bro. Vital you do that

agent2

Donator
Donator
i nearly forgot to say but really do make sure you clear your nvram bro. Vital you do that
Yeah I did that the second time 😅.

Dumb question but what does that actually do? I've heard it a million times but what it really is is a bit of a mystery to me.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yeah I did that the second time 😅.

Dumb question but what does that actually do? I've heard it a million times but what it really is is a bit of a mystery to me.
To put it into plain English It clears info stored in the systems higher memory basically.

Hows it all working for you now bud?
All good?

You should still make a USBMap.kext for yourself now it’s all working, Call it the icing on the cake.

agent2

Donator
Donator
You should have power nap and wake after power cut available now in power saving and sleep, restart and shutdown should be a lot faster. I gave you RestrictEvents v1.0.2 so about your Mac should be showing your 3900x now too.
To put it into plain English It clears info stored in the systems higher memory basically.

Hows it all working for you now bud?
All good?

You should still make a USBMap.kext for yourself now it’s all working, Call it the icing on the cake.
Yeah sorry for the late reply I was just trying to get everything sorted out in my EFI and multiple reboots later it look awesome! The 3900X ist also showing up now as well! The really slow boot issue is also gone (do you know why that was before?) and I will do a bit more testing with sleep.

But yeah it's all good for now!

So what will the USBMap.kext add further to my configuration? Will this be worth it now that all the USB ports show up? Will the USBMap command work properly with this?

agent2

Donator
Donator
For some reason though my Bluetooth is disabled, even though I have the required kexts.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
For some reason though my Bluetooth is disabled, even though I have the required kexts.
Mapping USB and telling the kext what port is what like your Bluetooth being on internal or a usb c port being a usb c port will just keep everything perfect.
have a look at my X570-E thread where there is a screenshot of hackintool listing my USB ports and you can see what I mean.

For your Bluetooth did you forget to put your kexts back?
Intel Bluetooth is a bit strange, some people find it works without any kexts and some people need the kexts for it to work.
Sometimes it can prang out for no reason, especially when restarting windows and booting into MacOS instead of shutting down first.
Do a full shut down and then cold boot if all the above fails.

@agent2 Personally I think it’s much better to spend £35 for a BCM94360NG on AliExpress and replace the Intel card for that and have fully native working wireless With no kexts or patches, tricks or anything else needed.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Now your USB is working you should be able to use Aureal to control your RGB.

H4L9000

AMD OS X Member
I voted for "other guide" and recently came across this reddit post.
I used it in windows to automatically map all my ports that I use, I could see where my Bluetooth would be and created the kext with it.
It works flawless so far. Might be worth a try as it is rather simple to follow the few steps.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@H4L9000 Thats kinda cool but I don’t like the way you need to place a second kext alongside the USBMap.

My personal favourite way is to do it all manually looking at my IOReg but I am a huge massive NERD Sooooooo….. 😂

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.