Recent content by XgamesMFZB

1. X

Optical drives only detected at random

Never figured it out, tried unplugging the SATA cables one at a time and had no luck separately. I seems like the BD drive WH16NS40 does appears a lot more rarely than the DVD drive however. Quick Google searches claim that WH16NS40 wouldn't work on Mojave - This has been the same issue on...
  2. X

Lenovo E420 HD 3000 black screen (Framebuffer patching?)

No worries haha that's funny tho, crazy timing (not the the latest update would make a difference, but I was surprised for sure haha :D )
  3. X

Kinda? They were updated 3 hours and 6 hours ago respectively LOL amazing :)
  4. X

Ah nice spotting. I didn't used it as I thought best to trust Edhawk on his EFI, since he already included a SSDT-PNLF.aml himself. Just tried backing up the original config.plist and original SSDT-PNLF.aml, replacing the SSDT, ProperTree OC Clean Snapshot just-in-case, save, reset NVRAM, boot...
  5. X

Correct yes, I think most people use MacBookPro8,1 as well on this computer (I followed multiple threads over the years since 2013 with this laptop, but no definitive success lol, unless you count this one, which doesn't provide a config.plist (And SSDT-PM.aml is missing from download link wtf)...
  6. X

Resetted NVRAM, tried just the PlatformID changed to 00010000, still black screen. Keeping the PlatformID as 00010000 and adding the 2 extra bootargs, black screen as well. Did saw the link couple of days ago, pretty sure it's the solution, but it's super technical, I tried but I feel like I'm...
  7. X

Thank you. Keeping the previous plist untouched, I modified the 2 values per instructed. SMBIOS is also correct: Cleared NVRAM from disk and booted from USB again, with no external display attached. So we got the black screen again at the same time in the verbose, but now the display...
  8. X

Sorry - I think I did those patches, considering before your reply I checked and ACPI -> Delete entries were indeed "Enabled" different than yours. That would have been ~ a year ago by now o_O But the good thing is, I actually did not forgot to clear NVRAM on first boot this time, and then...
  9. X

No, I just followed the OpenCore guides at the time, using prebuilt required SSDT but I never customized any of these tbh.
  10. X

Huh wow - Thank you for the effort and detailed reply! It includes the OpenCanopy GUI too hehe nice, I was working on it yesterday but was unsuccessful because of the old OpenCore version (It can easily be done tho I probably missed something, I got it working on my other AMD system). :) I...
  11. X

Hello :) I attached my EFI. As soon as we remove: DeviceProperties --> Add --> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) --> device-id <00000000> , this is when the black screen happens (On all displays. I only care for internal screen for now). However the system doesn't kernel panic as we can access it...
  12. X

Losing macOS audio when rebooting in Windows, audio returns when booting into Linux

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, you must be right (just upvoted) :) I thought there was another way but oh well, maybe indeed being NVRAM related it's not easy or indeed a compromise (not sure to be fair, I could be completely off-track hehe, I'm no expert). :( OpenCore manual doesn't say...
  13. X

Hello! I have been struggling with this since 2014, and although this old laptop is no longer my main computer, I never figured out why it doesn't work while it SHOULD, and it's driving me nuts. =( Model: Lenovo Thinkpad E420 Motherboard: 1141BTF CPU: Intel Core i3-2540m (Sandy Bridge - 2nd...
  14. X

Losing macOS audio when rebooting in Windows, audio returns when booting into Linux

Ah right, this work as well, thank you for another temporary solution.
  15. X

Found a similar thread upon ressearch, but unresolved: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-dual-alc1220-audio-codecs.1420/ Hi all, I've been having this problem since I started this Hackintosh on Big Sur & Catalina. Now I use Monterey 12.1 (Specs in my signature). macOS...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.