Recent content by vanquish

1. vanquish

What is the cheapest graphics card I can use?

Thanks. I am in the UK. I also run Win10 on the same machine (different boot drives) and that is where I do all my gaming. So anything that works ok in Big Sur and will also benefit me in Win10 will be a plus :)
  2. vanquish

What is the cheapest graphics card I can use?

I have Big Sur running fine on a Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI and I am currently using an XFX 7850 2GB graphics card. It's fine but I could do with something a little more up to date. I am a bit out of touch with the whole Hackintosh/Graphics Card thing but I know there are probably just a...
  3. vanquish

WiFi Upload Speed Very Slow With Broadcom Card

Thanks but I have done that more times than I care to remember. It simply never works :(
  4. vanquish

Yes, but it wants to activate iCloud. I can't ever get that to work. I put in my Apple id and pass, it sits there for a while and then says it cannot connect to the server. I have tried changing serial numbers etc so many times but it never works.
  5. vanquish

How do I auto boot to BigSur?

I currently have three hard drives installed in my machine. The main drive with BigSur, a second drive (240GB) which is a clone of my main drive and one with Catalina on. When I boot my machine I get a black screen with a choice of drives. However, it sits there for around 20 seconds, during...
  6. vanquish

Updating from 11.5.1 to 11.5.2

Thanks, that worked fine :)
  7. vanquish

Updating from 11.5.1 to 11.5.2

I am being prompted to update BigSur to version 11.5.2 and just wondered if there are any issues I should be aware of before proceeding?
  8. vanquish

Still cannot get the upload speed to improve however, airdrop is working, or at least it works from my phone to the computer but not computer to phone which is fine for me. So I have ethernet connected for upload/download and just use wireless for airdrop.
  9. vanquish

Ok so it gets even weirder now. I restored my EFI and rebooted and that was ok. Then I only removed the two BlueTooth kexts and itlwm. Rebooted and connected via wifi but now all my passwords for everything are being rejected! All my email accounts etc, nothing works. By the way, I also...
  10. vanquish

I have always had a bit of an odd-ball system. I will have a play and see if I can get it to boot.
  11. vanquish

Strange thing. When I removed those kexts and restarted, it would not boot. Only got a black screen with the Apple logo. I always keep a clone drive handy so it's not a big deal but it is strange?
  12. vanquish

Thanks. I have a feeling there may be something in my EFI that is causing the problem. These are the Kexts I currently have in the EFI. I assume I need to remove the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and the IntelBluetoothinjector.kext and also the itlwm.kext?
  13. vanquish

The motherboard is a Gigabyte B540 I WiFi Pro and up to now, I had been using the built-in wireless card (intel) with Heliport for my Wifi. Upload and download speeds were fine but I wanted to use AirDrop and iMessage and I understood that these would work better with an Apple-compatible...
  14. vanquish

Processor Unknown and Serial Number Default String?

I have just recently managed to install BigSur and for the most part, everything is working fine. However, I noticed that whereas in Catalina my system showed as a MacPro 2017 and Core i5, it now shows processor unknown and serial number as "default string". Has anyone else come across this issue?
  15. vanquish

Upgrading from Catalina to BigSur. Never seems to work.

Ok got BigSur up and running. I had to use a spare SSD formatted to macOS extended journaled. Nothing else would work. The only problems I have now are my apple id won't work for AirDrop and messenger, etc. I can put my details in, I get sent a code to my phone but when I enter that on the...
Top Bottom