Recent content by ThenameisM

1. ThenameisM

M's X570 AORUS ELITE | 5700 XT | R7 3800X | Big Sur | OC 0.6.6

I'm back after a looong hiatus. Apparently I've missed plenty of stuff, but it's time go get up to speed again! It seems that I can't update the original post which is a bummer, but nonetheless here are the updates: Hardware modifications: RX 5700 XT has been replaced with an RX 6800 XT...
  2. ThenameisM

No probs, glad you got it sorted out.
  3. ThenameisM

You're welcome. Follow Dortania's guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ Every question you might have will be answered by that link. You can use my configuration to verify/compare against yours. Mine works flawlessly without a hiccup (well at least the things I care about...
  4. ThenameisM

Nice to hear that, buddy! You may want to check back regularly at the start of each month as I will keep the configuration updated 🙌
  5. ThenameisM

Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing the knowledge! Will try playing with those values 🙂 I built the SSDT myself from scratch, just took inspiration for the syntax from someone else's port map. I shared a Catalina build late 2019 in the old forums, it is the same SSDT I'm using so cannot recall...
  6. ThenameisM

Updated OpenCore configuration to 0.6.6. Didn't need to do anything special other than resetting NVRAM before booting for the first time with v0.6.6. Also, all of the ACPI patches are now properly checking for Darwin. In other words, multibooting into Windows with OpenCanopy should not cause...
  7. ThenameisM

No, it won't work OOB as it is a different chipset. Furthermore, you will also need SSDT-CPUR to be able to boot up which X570 boards do not require.
  8. ThenameisM

Thanks to this amazing community, I've managed to configure my first near flawless Ryzentosh. The least I can do is providing a detailed rundown of my build/config so other people can also benefit. Please note that even though I have provided my config files, you should not blindly copy and...
  9. ThenameisM

Would love some help to get MacOS on my PC

APUs are unsupported, so impossible.
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.