Recent content by TheGreatKadik

1. TheGreatKadik

Need Help: Crashing

I just get this:
  2. TheGreatKadik

My boot menu doesn't have the reset NVRAM option anymore, I don't know what I did to get rid of it, must have deleted something in the config. How do I get it back?
  3. TheGreatKadik

Won't get to the sign-in screen with that.
  4. TheGreatKadik

Booted up correctly this time, still black-screened after a few minutes. I don't know, maybe it's not actually a GPU issue? I could have sworn that before, my About This Mac section identified the card correctly as an AMD Radeon RX 590 but now after I input the stuff we discussed above, it comes...
  5. TheGreatKadik

Okay, this is what I did. And when I try to boot up, it just ends up stuck doing this endlessly. What did I do wrong?
  6. TheGreatKadik

I already had npci=0x2000 in my boot-arg but I added agdpmod=ignore. But it wouldn't boot when I did the second part of your suggestion. I have a 590, not a 580. What's the device-id I'd need for the 590?
  7. TheGreatKadik

So after some more digging, I think this might be a known GPU problem called "black screening". According to the Dortania opencore install guide, there is a boot-arg that is used to fix this problem on RX 5000 and 6000 series cards called agdpmod=pikera. However, I am not running a 5000 or 6000...
  8. TheGreatKadik

But if it were a system stability issue within the BIOS, wouldn't it affect my Windows boot as well? My Windows boot runs fine, it's just that it's.... Windows gags. I'll look into a BIOS update now. EDIT: By the way, I just checked. My BIOS version is actually already F12, out of the box. I...
  9. TheGreatKadik

It's just the default out-of-the-box BIOS. I didn't think I needed to update it. And firmware on the SSD?
  10. TheGreatKadik

Yes, NCMeFix is enabled and installed. And yes, DisableRTCChecksum is set to "True". It still happens. I just read about a similar issue in Windows which was related to either an HDR issue or an overheating issue. I wonder if this might have something to do with that. The fans in my system do...
  11. TheGreatKadik

Nope, no dice with that folder either. Booted up, put on a YouTube video, and in a couple of minutes the monitors cut out, audio kept going, mouse and keyboard input became unresponsive and it required a hard reboot. Pulling my hair out over here.
  12. TheGreatKadik

Nope, nevermind. Crashing problem is back. It was stable for about 30 minutes there, but upon my reboot, it only lasted a couple of minutes before happening again. Still need help. Let me know if you see anything wrong with my config. Thanks.
  13. TheGreatKadik

Will do, thank you.
  14. TheGreatKadik

..... I may have fixed it. Upon examining my plist, I saw that my platform info didn't match up across all the subsections. I just made sure it all matched, updated my EFI folder and then cleared my nvram. I don't want to jinx it but it's been up and running now for longer than it usually took...
  15. TheGreatKadik

Sleep is already disabled in my system preferences. It happens when I am actively typing, clicking, playing a video on YouTube, or even editing in Premiere. There's no reason it should think it's time to sleep, at least not within macOS, I don't know about my kernel.
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.